Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Has the football season started for you yet?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Due to an ill-timed holiday (although, I had very little choice about when we could go this year), I've yet to see the Albion play bar watching the second-half of the Forest game on my laptop.

Getting home yesterday, one of the things I was looking forward to was going to a game this weekend and getting back into football mode properly. This morning I take a look at the fixture list to discover it's a sodding international break and I have to wait until nearly mid-September for my first game.

Anyone else yet to see a game this season?

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
No it hasn't for me. I saw the Crawley v Brighton friendly, and watched the U23s last week, but not been to a game yet, and won't be able to for another month. Having said that, the Newcastle game was desperately disappointing.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Mine's well n truly started and costing a fortune!

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Due to an ill-timed holiday (although, I had very little choice about when we could go this year), I've yet to see the Albion play bar watching the second-half of the Forest game on my laptop.

Getting home yesterday, one of the things I was looking forward to was going to a game this weekend and getting back into football mode properly. This morning I take a look at the fixture list to discover it's a sodding international break and I have to wait until nearly mid-September for my first game.

Similar experience to you, other than I went to the Colchester Cup match, so I've seen live football.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Ive come to the conclusion the season doesn't start until the transfer window closes.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
For not watching the whole Forest game on my laptop?
For not watching a single game yet.

You've been dubbed 'leader of the fans', yet you can't even be bothered to watch. What kind of message do you think you're sending the players? If the fans' leader can't be bothered to watch, why should they be bothered to give 110%?

If Stephens gets wind of this he'll put in a transfer request. I suggest you delete this thread and pretend you went to all the games.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Yes. Been playing lots of cricket again this summer, but I was ready for the football to start. This international break isn't welcome.

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
I really wish they'd play the Football League Trophy first round on bank holiday Monday so that attendances would be much, much higher for the smaller clubs. Two matches in three days wouldn't be a problem as teams rotate their squad and Southend would be a great trip to the seaside to catch some late summer sunshine.

If the location for your holiday was accurately reported on here you should feel right at home with any Mickey Mouse performances you witness.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here