Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Surely we can do much better

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful
Defeat is not pleasant for any of us, defeat on the television harder, but a defeat with an unconvincing and flawed performance is difficult. Amongst all the criticism of the players what of the situation behind the scenes, are we selling, are we not, are we buying or not who's happy who isn't? CH has stated often that it is about the goals that you don't concede opposed to how many you score that will define our season, yet yesterday represented a complete failure of that thinking as we failed to defend two set pieces and provided Newcastle with the opportunity to execute set pieces against us. Newcastle were not a convincing opponent, but as we all know now after five seasons in the Championship, this division is won and lost at the margins.
I am currently struggling with the team selection made by CH and his tactics, is Sidwell better than Norwood and Stephens and has taking Stephens away from Kayal somewhat neutered our midfield, even though Kayal in my opinion is the more dominant and commanding player. The inclusion of Baldock in the starting eleven is a surprise, the man who failed last year replacing last years top scorer and as for the substitutions, both Sidwell and Baldock should have been replaced at half time, instead we got a pointless ending off and and a change with 18 minutes left. Should Stock dale be an automatic selection, he is proving unconvincing in defending set pieces.
Is Hughton selecting the team he wants or are transfers affecting his decisions, is he happy with our frontline, now back to a choice of only two strikers and does he believe that we are in with a chance of promotion this year?
Given that we have a multi million pound set up and a huge amount of resource, I feel that in some way we are being held back, is this from the board room?

albionfan37

Aug 14, 2014
What’s it called? Cumbernauld
i think we need a reality check blimy we lost to newcastle 2-0 hardly the end of the world and by no means the worst performance to be seen. i thought we was well in the game until they scored then they got there feet under the table n knocked it around a bit we then came back into the game for the last 10-15 mins of the 1st half and obviously had a great chance to level the game and then baldy got sent off that then killed the game dead no big deal. tbh id be shocked if newcastle lost between now and jan
im also sure we have enough character in the squad to forget this one performance and get back on the winning trail

obviously we are not a selling club as we havent sold anyone yet and the chairmans on record to say he dont want to sell anyone they are also on record saying they want a number 10

Munchkin

Jul 12, 2005
Littlehampton
A complete nonsense post after a couple of under par performances.

Didn't see the same criticisms after the first 3 games.

tigertim68

Sep 3, 2012
I do think CH has got his team selection wrong both last week and yesterday . Did he not learn from last week ? Where we over run in midfield , we need an extra body in central midfield either Norwood or Stephens , Baldock was poor last week drop him for the extra midfielder and we might start to have more control in midfield .
Really not sure about Stockdale , really poor goal last week , and should of done better with the first yesterday , why not give the Finn a run in the team , he has looked assured in goal so far .
He also really needs to sort out the Stephens saga either sell him or play him

Saladpack Seagull

Just Shut Up and Paddle
Wow, a lot of questions in the first post, and most of them have no hard-and-fast answers. Even if all of the questions were honestly and accurately answered, I'm not sure what we, as fans, could really do with the information obtained. We've become accustomed to not losing games - that in itself is testimony to how far we have come. For now I'm happy with CH and Tony Bloom and trust them to do what they feel is right for the Albion. They've not done a bad job so far.........:bhasign::)

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Defeat is not pleasant for any of us, defeat on the television harder, but a defeat with an unconvincing and flawed performance is difficult. Amongst all the criticism of the players what of the situation behind the scenes, are we selling, are we not, are we buying or not who's happy who isn't? CH has stated often that it is about the goals that you don't concede opposed to how many you score that will define our season, yet yesterday represented a complete failure of that thinking as we failed to defend two set pieces and provided Newcastle with the opportunity to execute set pieces against us. Newcastle were not a convincing opponent, but as we all know now after five seasons in the Championship, this division is won and lost at the margins.
I am currently struggling with the team selection made by CH and his tactics, is Sidwell better than Norwood and Stephens and has taking Stephens away from Kayal somewhat neutered our midfield, even though Kayal in my opinion is the more dominant and commanding player. The inclusion of Baldock in the starting eleven is a surprise, the man who failed last year replacing last years top scorer and as for the substitutions, both Sidwell and Baldock should have been replaced at half time, instead we got a pointless ending off and and a change with 18 minutes left. Should Stock dale be an automatic selection, he is proving unconvincing in defending set pieces.
Is Hughton selecting the team he wants or are transfers affecting his decisions, is he happy with our frontline, now back to a choice of only two strikers and does he believe that we are in with a chance of promotion this year?
Given that we have a multi million pound set up and a huge amount of resource, I feel that in some way we are being held back, is this from the board room?

Under CH defeat has become a very rare occurrence, same with unconvincing, flawed performances so perhaps it's best to let him get on with it as all the evidence conclusively shows he knows what he is doing.

WonderingSoton

Dec 3, 2014
I was hoping for a start to the season that was seamless from the bulk of last, keep the same side together and start where we left off.

In hindsight, given the way last season crushed all of us, perhaps it's not surprising that we've started a little out of sorts.

We need CH to find a cure soon though, before the top of the league gets too much of an advantage on us. We're well aware of how hard it can be to make up ground at the top of this division. The club needs that golden PL ticket sooner than later.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Beat Huddersfield, Burton and Barnsley and the table will look much better.

Time to deliver, albion.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here