Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Asamoah Gyan?

Coach_Carter_92

Apr 25, 2013
Home
Sky saying he's flown into the South East, with several Championship clubs interested, as well as a return to Sunderland. Fulham are the main ones interested, could we be too?

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
A player that left the premier league to play in some back water league all for money... Not the sort we should be interested in

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014
This is getting really annoying why are every other club in The Championship reported as being in for players and we are not, so it seems.

Would hazard a guess is it's because we always try to keep potential deals quiet until they're over the line. Nearly every time news has gotten out (Clayton, Ward, Pritchard) the deals always broken down. Just because their doesn't appear to be any movement on the surface, doesn't mean things are not going on underneath.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
This is getting really annoying why are every other club in The Championship reported as being in for players and we are not, so it seems.

Yeah because it's been at least 48 hours since we bought someone!

I'd be really surprised if we don't get the Dack deal done and then I think we have a good squad if we don't lose anyone key.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Would hazard a guess is it's because we always try to keep potential deals quiet until they're over the line. Nearly every time news has gotten out (Clayton, Ward, Pritchard) the deals always broken down. Just because their doesn't appear to be any movement on the surface, doesn't mean things are not going on underneath.

I accept that but it is still frustrating burt not long to wait now.

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014
He's been such a success out in China that he's struggled to even get into the Shanghai SIPG squad which doesn't bode well for any move to the Championship. Glad the club isn't being linked to him as sights should be set a lot higher.

Also he famously wears the number 3 shirt at all clubs he's been at, can't imagine Bong would be too happy to give his shirt number up.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

Hold fire on getting annoyed until the window has closed

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Yeah because it's been at least 48 hours since we bought someone!

I'd be really surprised if we don't get the Dack deal done and then I think we have a good squad if we don't lose anyone key.

Do you honestly think he will be the final piece to complete the jigsaw? I am not so convinced that he is of the quality that we need. I think that it is more frustration and expectancy than annoyance.

HP Seagull

Danny Cullip: Hero
Sep 26, 2008

The Pritchard deal was reported in the press - look where that got us. I'm perfectly happy for a deal to be announced out of the blue, along with a picture of the player holding the shirt.

I'm pretty sure that's how the club like to do business, too.

Boy Blue

Banned
Mar 14, 2016
We're not signing anyone. We're going with what we've got. Sidwell, Skalak will get us promoted.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Then why be annoyed that we're not linked with him?

That is the point we are linked with him and I want to see an established proven player signed not another hopeful Div 1 player who may be able to step up. I want us to get promoted and the showing so far this season hasn't indicated that we stand a chance of even play offs without a couple of additions especially if Stephens goes in the next couple of days. Sidwell and Norwood to me are adequate cover as needed but neither good enough to form similar partnership with Kayal to last season. We haven't replaced Wilson from last season and I dont see Dack as the answer/

wakeytom

Apr 14, 2011
The Hacienda
A player that left the premier league to play in some back water league all for money... Not the sort we should be interested in

Exactly this! Someone above said he was linked back at Sunderland but I hope not. No doubting his quality, he really should be playing at least mid premiership level but just doesnt have the mind to do that and as you say left purely for cash. Fair play to him for chasing dollars if thats what he wants but I dont think you want to be the suitor

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
That is the point we are linked with him and I want to see an established proven player signed not another hopeful Div 1 player who may be able to step up. I want us to get promoted and the showing so far this season hasn't indicated that we stand a chance of even play offs without a couple of additions especially if Stephens goes in the next couple of days. Sidwell and Norwood to me are adequate cover as needed but neither good enough to form similar partnership with Kayal to last season. We haven't replaced Wilson from last season and I dont see Dack as the answer/

Yet you want us to sign an array of 30+ year olds who haven't achieved anything in an age. Would much rather sign a young player with potential than someone whose best days are well in the past.

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013

God yours a drama queen. We are 1 point outside the playoffs currently so how have we indicated we are not in the mix? We have gone away to 2 tough grounds and our home form looks pretty impressive thus far. Id be pretty confident that we are a decent shout for top 6 at least. At least if we sign Dack he will be hungry to prove himself rather than an over paid, under performing mercenary who i wouldn't want within 100 miles of the club. Personally i think we will sign 2 more and no one will leave but thats my opinion, but i hope that they will be done quickly and efficiently behind closed doors

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here