Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Southend Utd v Brighton & Hove Albion U23s Roots Hall Checkatrade Trophy 30th Aug 19.45 ko

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Southend Utd v Brighton & Hove Albion U23s Roots Hall Checkatrade Trophy 30th Aug 19.45 ko

This could possibly be the shortest ever roll call thread but anybody going to this on tuesday ? will be interested to see if Connor and Solly play a part , i'm looking forward to it will be a good test for the players on the fringes of the 1st team , at some point this season we will have to delve into the reserves pocket of talent , i will be happy if we don't have to play in red and they put up a decent show .

Seagull in Range

Oct 20, 2004
Mossley
Me plus 1 attending!

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Stephens can grow a goaty he's way too old :)

Dale-Stephens.jpg

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
i would be interested to know how those that have a very long record of not missing an Albion 1st team fixture how they are treating this game, is it one that they need to attend to keep the record going, or an U23 fixture that can be missed.

Paris

Jul 17, 2010
13th district
This feels a bit like the team GB football team at the London Olympics. The majority of people couldn't give a toss to begin with but the further the team goes the more interest it creates. A day out at Wembley you say!:albion2:

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
There's not much that could persuade me to go to Roots Hall again. One of the shabbiest grounds in the league. Last time I went, some of the locals shouted "****ing queer" (I think it was "queer", might have been another, equally derogative term) at me as I walked, alone, silently, up the road past them.

Delightful place...

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
There's not much that could persuade me to go to Roots Hall again. One of the shabbiest grounds in the league. Last time I went, some of the locals shouted "****ing queer" (I think it was "queer", might have been another, equally derogative term) at me as I walked, alone, silently, up the road past them.

Delightful place...

Not a fan of the place myself and not relishing going there again but fascinated (appreciate I'm a huge nerd..) to see how the U21s match up against seasoned pros. I'm sure they won't want to lose to our kids and it could be a tough night for us but hopefully that means it'll aid their development.

Paris

Jul 17, 2010
13th district
Not a fan of the place myself and not relishing going there again but fascinated (appreciate I'm a huge nerd..) to see how the U21s match up against seasoned pros. I'm sure they won't want to lose to our kids and it could be a tough night for us but hopefully that means it'll aid their development.

The way Phil Brown's team are playing at the moment i wouldn't be surprised if we came away with a positive result. He put himself forward for an England backroom role when Big Sam was appointed. Didn't receive a phone call. Would imagine the club/players might have been miffed about that, so close to the beginning of the season. As a result i reckon he'll be gone by Christmas.

Paris

Jul 17, 2010
13th district
If the group games end in a draw the games go to penalties and an extra point is awarded to the winner. Somewhat bizarre. Same format as the Scottish league cup that started a month or so ago.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here