Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Spa Francorchamps Belgium Grand Prix

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
One of the great circuits, overtaking possible and an interesting grid with Red Bull possibly close to Mercedes this weekend.

Hamilton is basically buggered starting at the back of the grid but he is a class driver so anything is possible. He could crash or win with a safety car. Rosberg's race to lose.

Any other Nscers relishing a potentially great race?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Dont know much about F1 but as he has a 55 place penalty in a 22 car field does it mean he will be at the back for 2 races (44 places) and 12th for the 3rd or are all 55 places used in thix race irrespective of only 22 cars.

Geestar

Nov 6, 2012
Shoreham Beach
Dont know much about F1 but as he has a 55 place penalty in a 22 car field does it mean he will be at the back for 2 races (44 places) and 12th for the 3rd or are all 55 places used in thix race irrespective of only 22 cars.
Nope. Just penalised for this race.

Sent from my SM-A510F using Tapatalk

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Dont know much about F1 but as he has a 55 place penalty in a 22 car field does it mean he will be at the back for 2 races (44 places) and 12th for the 3rd

No, oddly it's just this race.
As said before I like F1 but find it boring.
But due to a great track and Hamilton at the back today will be interesting.
If he does not break down or crash I am going for top 5.
Going to be fun watching him weave through the back markers.
Maybe all the fastest cars should start from the back that would spice it up.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Seems pointless giving a 55 place penalty then..

It is all about trying to stop teams putting a new engine in on Friday,Saturday and Sunday. They are now limited to 6 engines a season I believe. It is a cost saving exercise and should not impact on the race drivers IMO. Stupid rule but it does help the smaller teams and spices up race day when the big teams suffer from it.

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007

It's to ensure he starts from the last place on the grid

If any of the other drivers get a penalty during or after qualifying (for example for blocking a flying lap whilst they are on a slow lap in qualifying, they may be penalised and dropped 10 places which might have put Hamilton ahead of them again which is why they do this to discourage teams and drivers from breaking the rules about limiting engine replacements and part changes (a part of the affordability measures introduced into F1)

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Rain and a safety car and Hamilton could finish on the podium, possibly even first - Rosberg is slow slow slow in the rain. With no rain and no safety car Hamilton will do well to finish top five or six.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Dislike Hamilton go jenson

Your choice of course but it irks me that plenty of people dislike Hamilton and Murray, both world class winners,
But Eddie 'the eagle' Edwards is a national treasure, so my much so that we make a film about his inability to ski jump and make a total **** of himself and made us the laughing stock of the Olympics.
Why don't we like winners, in US or Australia they would be gods.

Geestar

Nov 6, 2012
Shoreham Beach
Your choice of course but it irks me that plenty of people dislike Hamilton and Murray, both world class winners,
But Eddie 'the eagle' Edwards is a national treasure, so my much so that we make a film about his inability to ski jump and make a total **** of himself and made us the laughing stock of the Olympics.
This. I am a big Hamilton fan and can't wait to watch his magic from the back.

Sent from my SM-A510F using Tapatalk

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
One of the great circuits, overtaking possible and an interesting grid with Red Bull possibly close to Mercedes this weekend.

Hamilton is basically buggered starting at the back of the grid but he is a class driver so anything is possible. He could crash or win with a safety car. Rosberg's race to lose.

Any other Nscers relishing a potentially great race?

Best circuit in the world, bar none.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
As I said I know very little about F1 but I would have thought that he used 22 of his 55 places then the same until he had used all 55 up or just set it at 25 which is more than the number of cars in this race. Pointless rules made by faceless officials it seems.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
As I said I know very little about F1 but I would have thought that he used 22 of his 55 places then the same until he had used all 55 up or just set it at 25 which is more than the number of cars in this race. Pointless rules made by faceless officials it seems.

Forget the rules, are you watching the race at one of the best circuits in the world? Proper old school track

doogie004

Oct 12, 2008
wisborough green

As said personal choice come on jenson

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here