Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Could Solly be our number 10?

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
If our search for a number 10 comes to nothing before the transfer window slams shut on Wednesday night, I wonder if the all but forgotten Solly March could play off the main striker?

Up to now a winger of course, but with the likes of Knockaert, Skalak, LuaLua, and Murphy all fighting for wide places, he may not get too much of a look in.

I think he could do very well playing in a more central position, has a cracking shot, (remember that goal against MK Dongs at the Amex last season?), and he seems to know where the goal is.

Any thoughts?

Apr 14, 2016
Have thought this myself, before his injury he certainly had the agility and creativity. Worth a go I reckon – but still hoping we bring someone in.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Have thought this myself, before his injury he certainly had the agility and creativity. Worth a go I reckon – but still hoping we bring someone in.

I hope we bring one in too, but time beginning to run out now. The likes of Kodija, and Vydra, both players I would have loved, have gone to Derby, James Wilson too.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Because that has always worked do well before.

Let the wingers be wingers.
Buy the strikers to be strikers.

Why the fook don't half our fans support Arsenal?
Wenger needs all the support he can get and it.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I think he should be used as a wide man but not sure if either him or AK can operate down the left as both like to cut in from the right to their strong foot. I am still hopeful that an Easter European is en route to us.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
I would have thought March is better off staying on the wing and Knockaert would be better suited to coming inside as a 10.

exactly this DFP, give Knockaert the number 10/free role and play March with any other combo of Murphy/Skalak/Lua Lua on the other wing.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Supposedly Skalak can play there too. At least, that's what some Czechs were telling us when he signed.

I guess he can,he can finish from distance too...better bet than Baldock imo.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Ideally for me we'd have Murray up front alone with Skalak on the right, March on the left and Knockers playing wherever the hell he wants to with Kayal and Stephens mopping up.

Seriously, look at this team and tell me there's a reason to think we can't win this league.

Stockdale
Bruno Dunk Goldson Rosenior
Skalak Stephens Kayal March
Knockaert
Murray​

We don't even need to sign anyone else to make this team happen. We'd then have all of this to bring in as the need strikes;

Maenpaa; Duffy, Hünemeier, Bong; Ince, Sidwell, Norwood, Murphy, LuaLua; Hemed, Hambo, Baldock

SQUAD :albion:

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
I think he should be used as a wide man but not sure if either him or AK can operate down the left as both like to cut in from the right to their strong foot. I am still hopeful that an Easter European is en route to us.

That will be too late for us!

RohanInceEnthusiast

Nov 26, 2015
I feel like that would be subtracting his natural ability from the team. Solly has performed well where he is suited on the wing. We shouldn't have to subtract one part of the team in order to fill in for a lack of business done off the field in the transfer window, Solly should be left to play where he belongs and where he performs best, on the wing. Same for Knocky.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I feel like that would be subtracting his natural ability from the team. Solly has performed well where he is suited on the wing. We shouldn't have to subtract one part of the team in order to fill in for a lack of business done off the field in the transfer window, Solly should be left to play where he belongs and where he performs best, on the wing. Same for Knocky.

So you want them both to play right wing, whilst Skalak (our most natural right winger) is continued to be used on the left?

Skalak would add so many more goals and assists from the right hand side, we're getting half Jiri right now, at best.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería

Don't count your chickens.

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009

The game that kick started his brilliant run of form last season was against Cardiff, when he ripped a new arse in Fabio.....who is right back and Solly was operating on the left

The window will be closed by Easter!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here