Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Anthony Knockhaert

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Apparently the rumour in Newcastle is that they will come back Tuesday with a £15m bid. Would we accept it, I hope not from our promotion prospects but could understand the money side.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
General talk in Newcastle apparently. Just as a side issue son was in a night club with 3 of our team and asked Dunk if he was going and he just laughed and gave no hint either way.

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
Hopefully Chris will tell him what a wonderful, supportive club they have up there!

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Apparently the rumour in Newcastle is that they will come back Tuesday with a £15m bid.
Why would the Newcastle decision makers release that much information about their plans? It makes no sense.

If they wanted him, why not bid before our game so they wouldn't have to face him and the prospect of dropping points because of him? And leaving a bid until the last minute makes it easy for us to ignore (reject) the bid without worrying about the player being upset etc.

It seems you're still listening to the least reliable of sources.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
If it was a £150 million bid then maybe.

£15 million on the otherhand is an insult with the £170 million prize for reaching the PL.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Why would the Newcastle decision makers release that much information about their plans? It makes no sense.

If they wanted him, why not bid before our game so they wouldn't have to face him and the prospect of dropping points because of him? And leaving a bid until the last minute makes it easy for us to ignore (reject) the bid without worrying about the player being upset etc.

It seems you're still listening to the least reliable of sources.

Why did everybody know what was happening pre TB and PB. Transfers in and out were common knowledge in those days.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Nobody said they were drunk in fact far from it. Son sent me a picture of him and Lewis Dunk and said that the 3 of them were very quiet and reserved and drinking very little.

I was referring to the unsubstantiated rumour that you passed on about Knockaert. I'm assuming your son told you he heard it, probably the geordies attempting to wind him up. If not from where did it come?

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
We are clearly going to struggle in midfield without Stephens, take Knockhart out too and we will have a very hard time. I cannot see TB wanting that!

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Why did everybody know what was happening pre TB and PB. Transfers in and out were common knowledge in those days.
Some clubs won't be good at keeping their plans quiet, but that's not the same as releasing information that they'll bid £15m on Tuesday. If they want to bid £15m, why not make the bid now, or preferably last week?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here