Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Time to announce the truth about Dale Stephens.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
I may be repeating what has already been commented about.
But I do think that BHAFC should come out and reveal the truth about DS.
I want him to stay, as I'm sure the majority of the fans do as well.
I thought we could have done with him today on the pitch, to nullify the threat of their midfield.
If his head is elsewhere, so be it, but why have him on the bench, it doesn't make sense.
Alternatively, if he is not 100% match fit, surely he could have come on sometime in the game?
Your thoughts please :)

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Isn't the old thread good enough?

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
If he doesn't want to play for us or his head has been turned he should just piss off as soon as possible. We need players that want to turn out for the club and give their best in every game not money seeking bar stewards.

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
If he wasn't fully fit, putting him on when the team goes down to ten is a risk. If he's not fully fit, he'll just get outran by a team with an extra man. Using Norwood was a holding playing in a 4-1-3-1 is probably a lot more reliable than a risky Stephens.

Having said that, I'm not sure how much I buy into this fitness excuse. I do think he wants to go, and is waiting if a move will actually happen or not.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
It was obvious today Kayal needs him there as he has no understanding with either Norwood or Sidwell. I am afraid that unless something is sorted very soon , which it will be obviously by Wednesday, those 2 will become the butt of criticism of the fans as neither link with Kayal as well as Stephens.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
The fitness excuse is just ridiculous. Do the club think we're all numpties?

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Time to announce the truth about Dale Stephens.

Why?

Apart from satisfying your curiosity, name one thing that would be achieved by doing so.
Will it resolve anything? No.
Will it make one outcome more likely than another? No.
Is there anything to be gained? No.

Come next Saturday, he'll either be our player (at least until the New Year) or he won't. That's all there is to it.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Bit like a fire in a property dispute or at a site up for redevelopment,the situation with Dale is shrouded in obvious mystery,one thing is clear though,he will be with a club come Friday.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Why?

Apart from satisfying your curiosity, name one thing that would be achieved by doing so.
Will it resolve anything? No.
Will it make one outcome more likely than another? No.
Is there anything to be gained? No.

Come next Saturday, he'll either be our player (at least until the New Year) or he won't. That's all there is to it.

My thinking was announce whatever is happening to him, before the transfer window shuts, either we sell him or get a chance to bring other players in to strengthen.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I do think that BHAFC should come out and reveal the truth about DS.
I think the club should do what they think is best for the club. I don't need to be told everything.

If his head is elsewhere, so be it, but why have him on the bench, it doesn't make sense.
Because presumably a Stephens with his head elsewhere was still better than the alternative backup player on the bench.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
My thinking was announce whatever is happening to him, before the transfer window shuts, either we sell him or get a chance to bring other players in to strengthen.

What if he is injured and reverts back to not ever playing 46 games again in a season,do we let Burnley know or keep quiet? just in case and hope he passes their medical?(subject to meeting our valuation) lot's to consider....personally i would like him to stay,but i hope last season was not a one off.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here