Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Our support today at Newcastle

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
After last weeks moans by myself and a few others of the poor atmosphere at Reading I have to say Fair play and well done to the 1800 odd fans today up at Newcastle, out singing 48000 Newcastle fans who we heard sing 3 or 4 times. Our fans stood and sung pretty much non-stop for the whole 90 minutes, credit to you all who was there :clap:

I thought St James' was meant to be an intimidating place to go? It definitely wasn't today. Newcastle = "your support is f***ing sh*t".

I hope we were heard loud and clear on tv :albion:

Last edited:

wigman

Oct 10, 2006
East Preston
After last weeks moans by myself and a few others of the poor atmosphere at Reading I have to say Fair play and well done to the 1800 odd fans today up at Newcastle, out singing 48000 Newcastle fans who we heard sing 3 or 4 times. Our fans stood and sung pretty much non-stop for the whole 90 minutes, credit to you all who was there :clap:

I thought St James' was meant to be an intimidating place to go? It definitely wasn't today. Newcastle = "you're support is f***ing sh*t".

Our support last week was good and you were wrong to spit your dummy out.
Load and clear on the box tonight, expected nothing else.

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
The opposition support is generally poor and only to be heard when/if they score? Not necessarily true but often sung by away fans to provoke/ridicule the oppo fans.

Hope this helps.

It doesn't. You're = you are. Therefore the quote is " You are support etc."

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

I thought St James' was meant to be an intimidating place to go? It definitely wasn't today. Newcastle = "you're support is f***ing sh*t".

I was surprised how quiet the place sounded on tv...but then you never know whether it's a true reflection ..was it really that bad?

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
*"you're support is f***ing sh*t".

What does that actually mean?

I can't stand that song/chant.....prefer old school chants like "your just a bunch of wayne kerrs" myself.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
I also heard the Knocky song loud and clear

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
I was surprised how quiet the place sounded on tv...but then you never know whether it's a true reflection ..was it really that bad?
It was really quiet, much quieter than I expected. The only times the home fans were heard was when they scored and one course of New-Cas-Ul (their version of our Al-Be-Un).

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
It was really quiet, much quieter than I expected. The only times the home fans were heard was when they scored and one course of New-Cas-Ul (their version of our Al-Be-Un).

I heard one rendition of Blaydon Races, but that could have been our fans singing 'Going down Old Shoreham Road.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here