Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

favourite local beer

newhaven seagull 85

SELDOM IN NEWHAVEN
Dec 3, 2006
It's my Dads birthday and i wanted to buy him some nice local beers, he drinks bitter, do the wonderful posters on this forum have any suitable suggestions.

Many thanks in advance for suggestions given.

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
My old man (not local) is a CAMRA-type, absolutely loves the 12-bottle mixed cases that Harvey's sell. Easy job for me, order online and they deliver. Makes date likes Father's Day a doddle.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
try the Harveys shop for some of the non-standard stuff in a presentation box - Olympia is in season and rather good. Eastbourne has Beachy Head and Long Man both offer nice range of traditional styles, or go Burning Sky from Firle for more trendy, american styles. not sure where you can get them, i understand Middle Farm down the A27 does a wide range.

Mr Bronson

Feb 24, 2009
Middle Farm is a good shout. I was there last weekend and they have beer from 29 different Sussex breweries. Arundel Gold is very tasty. Try some of the brews from Brighton Beir. They're doing some good stuff. Also Gunns Brewery. If you're over Haywards Heath way pop into Grape And Grain they have a good selection and do both Harvey's and Hophead on draft.

Waynflete

Nov 10, 2009
If you're around Hassocks at all the Budgens has various local bottled ales. Harvey's, Hammerpot, Hepworth, Dark Star etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Middle Farm is a good shout. I was there last weekend and they have beer from 29 different Sussex breweries. Arundel Gold is very tasty. Try some of the brews from Brighton Beir. They're doing some good stuff. Also Gunns Brewery. If you're over Haywards Heath way pop into Grape And Grain they have a good selection and do both Harvey's and Hophead on draft.

My wife's dad's cousin (we're from Devon families, bear with me [emoji23][emoji23]) used to sell his 'authentic Devon scrumpy' to Middle Farm. Not sure if he still does, but if so the medium stuff is drinkable but the dry is properly rank after a few sips (and I was brought up on cloudy potent apple juice from oak barrels at 50p a pint)

Aug 11, 2003
The Open Market
Hop Head is a brilliant summer ale, in fact any beer from the Dark Star brewery is good.

I'll see your Hophead as a summer ale, and raise you Sunburst, from the same stable.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010

Another vote for Arundel Gold or their IPA or Dark.

deslynhamsmoustache1

Apr 25, 2010
RAF Tangmere
Long man's long blonde or Hophead as previously mentioned. if you wanted something a little further afield my I recommend Hoppy Blonde from Hopart brewery Near Alton. Golden ale now seem to dominate summer drinking, with good reason to.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here