Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Holloway Meets Hughton

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Cheers for posting this. Thoroughly enjoying listening to this. Two very likeable English blokes and if God forbid we lose Hughton to a Premier League club then I would be quite happy having Holloway as manager. He clearly has a soft spot for us too.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Cheers for posting this. Thoroughly enjoying listening to this. Two very likeable English blokes and if God forbid we lose Hughton to a Premier League club then I would be quite happy having Holloway as manager. He clearly has a soft spot for us too.

I know what you mean. Interesting that he has sited Hemed and Rosenior as not just good players but the right sort of personalities. My opinion is that this is where a lot of bigger clubs go wrong - they just buy players who are good but without considering the impact of their personalities on the dressing room.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
I know what you mean. Interesting that he has sited Hemed and Rosenior as not just good players but the right sort of personalities. My opinion is that this is where a lot of bigger clubs go wrong - they just buy players who are good but without considering the impact of their personalities on the dressing room.

You're right. I'm trying to think of which players at the club have a big time Charlie attitude and I've drawn a blank. Aside from my own prejudices about not wanting him here, I was worried and still am about Murray coming in because he is a high maintenance player under Poyet and elsewhere but I hope that's down to his relationship with the manager and that he doesn't respond well to a boss with a huge ego.

Last edited:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
You're right. I'm trying to think of which players at the club have a big time Charlie attitude and I've drawn a blank. Aside from my own prejudices about not wanting him here, I was worried and still am about Murray coming in because he is a high maintenance player under Poyet and elsewhere but I hope that's down to his relationship with the manager and that he doesn't respond well to a boss with a huge ego.

Think you hit the nail on the head re Murray. Couldn't get along with Poyet or Smug Eddie seemed to do well under Holloway, too well really :smile:

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
Wouldn't want anyone other than Chris H managing the club at this time. A great coach but also one of the most intelligent and level-headed guys in the game.

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
Great interview. Both come across as very likeable and decent chaps.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here