Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Did you ever watch the Albion play at the Goldstone

Did yo see the Albion play at The Goldstone?

• Total voters

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
There must be quite of few Albion fans who never did, when will it become the majority I wonder?

Edit Whoops, didn't mean to go West Indian in the Poll question..

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Hopefully not in my lifetime, unless there is a sudden cull of the older Albion fans, who remember the other good times :)

Eric Potts as the ultimate supersub, as an example :)

Last edited:

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
I was lucky enough to see the season we won Div 4 title when Bobby Smith played for us.
Then just like the "kid" in the play Brighton till I die, I graduated to the North Stand rather than stand with the adults who gave me a lift in the East terrace.
Great times in late 70s under Mullery too.

West Hoathly Seagull

Honorary Ruffian
Aug 26, 2003
Sharpthorne/SW11
First game just after Christmas 1984 against Wimbledon. We won 2-1, with Frank Worthington getting the equaliser after they had scored first (Stuart Evans I think was their scorer), but I can't remember who got the winner, or even picture it. I wasn't really an Albion fan at the time, but wanted to go to a game. I got hooked after we won an away FA Cup tie at Hull in just about the final minute the following season, with Terry Connor getting the winner, and went semi-regularly after that, though Saturday school at Ardingly prevented me going in term time. I went fairly regularly after leaving Ardingly in 1987, and then became a season ticket holder for several years, before returning to going match by match. Favourite games would have been against Bristol City in early 1988, when Garry Nelson scored a screamer, the win against Bristol Rovers that confirmed promotion, and Brian Wade's four goals. Low points are too many to remember, though.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
It's not that long ago.

19 years which means you'd probably have to be at least 23 to remember us playing there.We have loads of fans that age or younger although the poll results don't seem to match that up...yet

beefypigeon

Aug 14, 2008
I voted for Yes, yes I did, despite being fairly young when I did.

I used to sit on my dads lap whenever we went, with a ribena in one hand and a Mars bar in the other. Fond memories of the big clock in the corner of the stadium, and Paul 'Subbuteo' McDonald running down the wing. He used to be my favorite player at the time.

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
Yes, as a toddler. I was a mascot once as well. Got photos and the match day program still.

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
From about 1988/9 onwards, happy days. My favourite memories were of Kurt Nogan and Peter 'Marley' Smith. North stand was fantastic. The enjoyment of the Amex has made my Goldstone memories fade, but if i really think about it, the fun I had there was up there with my Amex memories.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Makes me quite sad (and old) to hear the younger generations talk of the 'good old days at withdean'. As if withdean was the albion's home and heritage.

My days at the goldstone were the grim last few years, but I always imagined better days from my old man's stories.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here