Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Mrs Brown’s Boys is voted the best sitcom of the 21st century

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
A Radio Times poll has deemed the BBC One comedy as the viewers’ favourite, beating the likes of The Office, The Inbetweeners and Gavin & Stacey.
And the show’s writer and main star Brendan O’Carroll was quick to applaud the fans for their loyalty whilst addressing critics’ dislike of the show. He told the magazine: ‘It vindicates the fans’ belief in the show.

Read more: http://metro.co.uk/2016/08/23/victo...om-of-the-21st-century-6084930/#ixzz4INPgAYNq

Contentious result which will not agree with the NSC faithfull.

Not sure i agree best of 21st century but a very funny comedy which actually makes me actually "laugh out load" at times and there very few that do that.

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
Peep Show down in 11th?!? To paraphrase a wise man...

People like Mrs. Brown's Boys and voted for Brexit. You can't trust people.

MF'84

A load of Bolanos
Jul 26, 2012
Derbyshire
I couldn't decide on the best sitcom of the century but I know for sure that this abomination of a show winning it is the biggest joke in history.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
A Radio Times poll has deemed the BBC One comedy as the viewers’ favourite, beating the likes of The Office, The Inbetweeners and Gavin & Stacey.
And the show’s writer and main star Brendan O’Carroll was quick to applaud the fans for their loyalty whilst addressing critics’ dislike of the show. He told the magazine: ‘It vindicates the fans’ belief in the show.

Read more: http://metro.co.uk/2016/08/23/victo...om-of-the-21st-century-6084930/#ixzz4INPgAYNq

Contentious result which will not agree with the NSC faithfull.

Not sure i agree best of 21st century but a very funny comedy which actually makes me actually "laugh out load" at times and there very few that do that.

It is probably the best sitcom of the 21st century but that is coming from a very low baseline, it wouldn't make the top 20 of all time. Even Butterflies and Sorry would give it a run for the money.

Last edited:

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
So the fans saying it's their favourite, vindicates the fans saying it's their favourite? Ok :rolleyes:

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Don't get it, probably won because only sitcom of the 21st century. With 20th jokes IMO and fair enough if you're still laughing at an attention seeking man dressed up as a woman act. Hilarious. To be sure.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Sorry, I forgot to add...it's shi t.

Surrey_Albion

Jan 17, 2011
Horley
Some real shockers on that list! And as for Mrs Brown it's like an awful 70s camp throwback and the jokes are just as obvious and out dated. The detectorists was great as was the office and pheonix nights was okay

Mr deez

Masterchef
Jan 13, 2005
Its utter crap. Shows the relevance of the radio times and its readership. Surely would be topping the poll for magazines with no future.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patreon
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
It's shite but still better than Miranda.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here