Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Newcastle pubs

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
So where's everyone meeting up there?

Oct 25, 2003
newcastles quite unique in that it has a pretty good pub in it's train station- the centurion i think it's called. Not sure how they'd feel about football fans though

the head of steam opposite the station was a favourite of mine in my student days as was the bridge

Oct 25, 2003
what i will say is that you can't really go wrong. There's something for everyone really....from craft beer lovers to people who want to watch a live strip show at 1pm. St James' Park is within stumbling distance of basically everything worthwhile

i'd probably avoid the strawberry though unless you can put on a good jimmy nail impersonation upon request and aren't wearing a brighton shirt

Carrot Cruncher

NHS Slave
Helpful Moderator
Jul 30, 2003
Southampton, United Kingdom
i'd probably avoid the strawberry though unless you can put on a good jimmy nail impersonation upon request and aren't wearing a brighton shirt

I might go the other way and do my best Michael Caine in 'Get Carter' impression.

"You're a big man, but you're in bad shape. With me it's a full-time job. Now behave yourself."

I'm sure they'll respect me for it...

AWAYDAY

Jul 21, 2009
This one then that one then those ones over there!

bn1&bn3 Albion

Jan 15, 2011
Portslade
what i will say is that you can't really go wrong. There's something for everyone really....from craft beer lovers to people who want to watch a live strip show at 1pm. St James' Park is within stumbling distance of basically everything worthwhile

Please elaborate...

Billy Seagull

Bookie Basher
Jul 5, 2003
I work there quite a bit and my favourite is the Town Wall which is just to the left of the station and serves about 10 real ales. Food is great also. The Castle Mile, also not far from the station, is a Wetherspoons Lloyds No1 and has three floors with different real ales in each bar.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
I work there quite a bit and my favourite is the Town Wall which is just to the left of the station and serves about 10 real ales. Food is great also. The Castle Mile, also not far from the station, is a Wetherspoons Lloyds No1 and has three floors with different real ales in each bar.

Went there earlier today, ruddy good for a spoons, tried a few craft beers priced at 1.99 too!!

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Ah sounds like there's plenty of decent places to hit over the weekend!

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here