Newcastle United vs Brighton & Hove Albion **** Pre-match Thread ****

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Geordies.JPG

Kick Off: 17:30, 27/08/16

Stadium: St James’ Park, Newcastle-upon-Tyne

Head-to-head: Newcastle 0-0 Brighton, Brighton 2-2 Newcastle, Newcastle 0-1 Brighton, Brighton 1-0 Newcastle, Brighton 2-0 Newcastle

Injuries:

Newcastle: Out – Rob Elliot

Doubtful – Aleksandar Mitrovic, Dwight Gayle, Rolando Aarons

Brighton: Out – Liam Rosenior, Connor Goldson

Doubtful – ???

Key Stats:

Blackpool, Stoke and Blackburn were the only teams to win league games at St James’ Park when Chris Hughton was Newcastle boss
It was not until December 19th that Brighton lost their first Championship match of 2015/16
—–

A Look at Newcastle Betting Odds

After bursting out of the traps, stumbling and tripping over in front of an enormous audience, all of whom pointed and laughed, the Magpies have returned to a vertical base and begun eating up the ground on the Championship’s early pacesetters.

Still, Newcastle’s odds to make it four wins out of four across all competitions against Brighton might be a bit longer at 21/20 given the obstinate Seagulls’ apparent refusal to lose football matches.

https://sports.bwin.com/en/news/football-betting/championship/newcastle-brighton-preview,111958.html

The Tactician

Feb 18, 2013

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
I don't like the BBC previews any more.

Go for: https://www.whoscored.com/Matches/1084905

No idea who is out or not? And I would not let the opposition know either. It does appear the three man defence picks itself as we have only three first teamers.

I don't believe in superstition.

I reckon they will play Shelvey in midfield and we will have to match his physical presence. That means Dale Stephens should be in our team!.

This is the team Newcastle out out against Reading when they won 4-1: https://www.whoscored.com/Matches/1...ampionship-2016-2017-Newcastle-United-Reading

I bet Gayle will be fit enough to play for them.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Imagine Hughton will receive a warm reception from the home fans.

He will for sure

Doubtful – Aleksandar Mitrovic, Dwight Gayle, Rolando Aarons -

Apparently Mitrovic and Gayle are looking like they will be fit to play. The other one is definitely ''doubtful''

Last edited:

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Not entirely sure about the idea of a pre-match thread but good effort to try. Hopefully it'll run for a few games so I can make my mind up.
Think it'll take a lot of energy to get people to engage with the idea to the extent that they'll look for it in the same way as a match day thread.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I have mixed views as I obviously want us to get at least a draw but dont want AK to tear them apart so they come in with an increased bid I would settle for a scrappy 2 -0 win. with goals from Rosenior and Bruno as no chance of either going to Newcastle

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
I have mixed views as I obviously want us to get at least a draw but dont want AK to tear them apart so they come in with an increased bid I would settle for a scrappy 2 -0 win. with goals from Rosenior and Bruno as no chance of either going to Newcastle

Two worldies from Manu would be better.

The Tactician

Feb 18, 2013
I have mixed views as I obviously want us to get at least a draw but dont want AK to tear them apart so they come in with an increased bid I would settle for a scrappy 2 -0 win.

:rolleyes::lolol: You'd settle for a 2-0 away win at one of the toughest away games of the season?? You really are completely clueless. Not to mention, I want Knockaert to score a hat-trick, doesn't matter if that prompts a bid-Not for sale. I want us to win, by as many as possible and to do that we need AK to play well. It'll be tough.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
:rolleyes::lolol: You'd settle for a 2-0 away win at one of the toughest away games of the season?? You really are completely clueless. Not to mention, I want Knockaert to score a hat-trick, doesn't matter if that prompts a bid-Not for sale. I want us to win, by as many as possible and to do that we need AK to play well. It'll be tough.

At the moment and on current form it is no more difficult than any other It may well seems so in a few weeks but their form hasnt been shattering yet. Lets hope it doesnt pick up until Mid September. Why shouldnt we nick a win? Have done it up there before against the odds.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here