Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Time for Elvis Manu

Irish Gin

Oct 20, 2014
Brighton
It's about time we gave Elvis another crack. He looks fitter, quicker, stronger than last season and his attitude has improved.

I would much prefer him to Baldock on the bench. He will be great to throw on and will give us more than Baldock. I hope to see him warming up the touchline at Newcastle.

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
It's about time we gave Elvis another crack. He looks fitter, quicker, stronger than last season and his attitude has improved.

I would much prefer him to Baldock on the bench. He will be great to throw on and will give us more than Baldock. I hope to see him warming up the touchline at Newcastle.

I hope you are joking!

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold

Oh dear!

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
No

Fact he is near the first team emphasises the desperate need for more quality fire power in the squad

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Baldock created a goal within about a minute of coming on last night. Manu looked disinterested and squandered a couple of good chances before scoring. I'll have some of what you're smoking please.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach

Seen way too many 3rd tier games for wanting to go back there i'm afraid. It's the other end we want to get out of this division from.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Baldock created a goal within about a minute of coming on last night. Manu looked disinterested and squandered a couple of good chances before scoring. I'll have some of what you're smoking please.

Think you are confusing him with Lua Lua

I thought Elvis looked sharp, easily out sprinted the Oxford defenders a number of times and wasn't offside as much (interesting decision giving him offside in our own half excluded). On another night he could have had 4 or 5 goals, there keeper saved well an number of times.

BUT it was against a relatively poor team

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
He has certainly improved, but he squandered plenty of chances last night and nearly screwed up for the goal he scored.

He's certainly quick, but other than that he is no where near Baldock's level. IMO

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Think you are confusing him with Lua Lua

I thought Elvis looked sharp, easily out sprinted the Oxford defenders a number of times and wasn't offside as much (interesting decision giving him offside in our own half excluded). On another night he could have had 4 or 5 goals, there keeper saved well an number of times.

BUT it was against a relatively poor team

Saved well? Or he just failed to convert 1on1s? He did look quicker than last season and got into a few better positions but he still is no where near clinical enough and his link up play isn't as good as Baldock's.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Saved well? Or he just failed to convert 1on1s? He did look quicker than last season and got into a few better positions but he still is no where near clinical enough and his link up play isn't as good as Baldock's.

I'm not saying he should play in the first team, I just feel he did well last night, was in the right positions and didn't give up

Loftslaces

Apr 6, 2016
Graffham
"From Holland to Graceland" - A tribute band.

This is the only place I would be happy seeing him!

Irish Gin

Oct 20, 2014
Brighton
Guys & Girls - Baldock has scored about 6 or 7 goals in about 50 appearances - its about time we gave it up.

yes, he creates a few - but he is a striker??????????

lizard

Well-hung member
Jul 14, 2005
Guys & Girls - Baldock has scored about 6 or 7 goals in about 50 appearances - its about time we gave it up.

yes, he creates a few - but he is a striker??????????

Spot on. Besides his attitude and inability to celebrate, I thought Manu looked decent last night, mainly let down by others around him failing to find him when he had created space. If he had a regular run of games I think he could far exceed what we have in Baldock. I know this is a very unpopular view point so thoroughly expect the inevitable barrage of abuse. I also suspect the OP could be trolling, but many a true word said in jest and all that.

OvingdeanSeagull

Jul 8, 2012
Ovingdean
Baldock is very underrated by some of our fans. He doesn't score very many but his movement is fantastic and he creates a lot of goals. His assist for Hemed yesterday was brilliant.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here