Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Rico Henry

RohanInceEnthusiast

Nov 26, 2015
Rico Henry.png

Alan Nixon (football reporter for The S*n I believe) seems to suggest we could be in for young left-back Rico Henry as well as Dack.

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
As I said in another thread earlier, Rico Henry would be a superb signing and seeming there are much bigger clubs looking at him it would be a real statement of intent too. Would already be good enough to challenge for the LB spot and only 19 years old.

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
Any idea if he can play CB as well? I am, of course, not opposed to having another LB, it's just handy to have a player with Bruno's flexibility to shift into the middle if required. I think I'd rather have another RB though, as Rosenior seems like he's happier playing at LB (although he's done well at RB this season).

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
This guy has got nothing right so far so I wouldn't hold your breath.

I have been following him a couple of years and he gets a lot of stuff right!

He is very much based up north and seems to have a lot of contacts at Blackburn!

HCxUK

Apr 18, 2014
I have been following him a couple of years and he gets a lot of stuff right!

He is very much based up north and seems to have a lot of contacts at Blackburn!

I meant in terms of this transfer window, he's tweeted about us a few times and none of the deals have come off.

Haven't seen any of his other tweets though to be fair as his account is private, which for a journo is extremely odd...

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Sounds flair and a really exciting prospect, muchl ike Chicksen when he joined the club, lets hope he gets more opportunities than Chicksen and makes the step up.

sllugaes

Dec 15, 2012
Rico was excellent against us when we played Walsall in the cup a few season ago. Agile, and good left foot, Pacy.

Sent from my G7-L01 using Tapatalk

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Sounds flair and a really exciting prospect, muchl ike Chicksen when he joined the club, lets hope he gets more opportunities than Chicksen and makes the step up.

Not seen him play but, from what I've heard, he's a class above Chicksen. One of the best left backs in League 1 last year as compared to Chicksen, who wasn't even a regular at MK Dons.

I'd be very pleased if we signed him and Dack. Exciting young players from the league below (like Goldson) as compared to players who've tried this level before and not done great (which can work but can also end up like CMS).

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
I asked my mate who's a Walsall STH about him, said he's quality, would be the next Ashley Cole if he wasn't so small, he struggles in the air particularly if opposition have a big winger who they ping the ball too.

Thinks hes also a good winger and best suits wing back in a 3-5-2.

On a side not he also said Dack has looked the business every time he's turned up with Gillingham.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Rico Henry is absolutely class player but Walsall are pricing him out of what clubs are willing to pay for a League 1 full back. Decent Full backs are easier to find than decent strikers

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
Rico Henry is absolutely class player but Walsall are pricing him out of what clubs are willing to pay for a League 1 full back. Decent Full backs are easier to find than decent strikers

Is he actually for sale, or are clubs just enquiring? Surely if they're pricing him very high it's because they want to keep him unless they can get way over the odds?

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Is he actually for sale, or are clubs just enquiring? Surely if they're pricing him very high it's because they want to keep him unless they can get way over the odds?

Put it this way. He won't be at Walsall all his footballing days

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
Why do we need Henry when we have Adekugbe? Surely one DS left back is more than enough considering we have Bong and Rosenior who can play LB at this level.

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
Adekugbe is on loan. We'd like a permanent back up for Bong.

Yes and he has already said he wants to play in England. I can't see that we'd take him on loan if we weren't prepared to sign him on a permanent contract at the end of it, assuming he can step up.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here