Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Are we losing a little grip on reality as BHA supporters?

Redundant Gigolo

Jan 19, 2016
Leaving the UK in June has given me an interesting perspective on the Albion who I have been following since the mid 80s as far as attending games is concerned.

I've had my fair share of loss of perspective moments over the years as well as running on the pitch at the goldstone and being a prick through to the games in the darkens days attending rallies and gigs (notably Chester away)

Safe to say it's a different club now. Thank god.

However reading many social media outlets and of course the gospel that is nsc. It's made me wonder whether we have started to sound like ungrateful children, a bunch of self entitled bellends who have lost a little sense of what the last 5 years have given us.

The club make mistakes. We make mistakes. All of us. But the journey we are being taken on at the moment is something that I could not have comprehended as real 10 years back.

I know I will be hosed down as being unambitious.

But it's actually more about the way we portray ourselves to the best club and the people that have taken us this far.

Moaning, criticising, expecting full updates from the club on transfers, demanding that we are provided with absolute clarity of up to date information so that we, the ignorant Ill-informed can then cast aspersions with no actual grounds for such accusations.

I know the club can make the odd faux pas. And as supporters we know full well the dangers of crooked owners.

But for the love of god can't we just enjoy this??? Whatever the outcome ? Life is brief for all of us. Think of what happened last August. How the club portrayed itself.

That's what I follow.

If faith and hope in Tony Bloom makes me a simpleton and a club apologist then that's what I am.

Enjoy the present. Otherwise life will be impossible to enjoy at all

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Indeed and lest us forget, the Premier League is an utterly tediocre experience involving such mind numbing fixtures as West Ham v Bournemouth and such soulless horrors as Manchester City, Chelsea and Manchester United.

Redundant Gigolo

Jan 19, 2016
Indeed and lest us forget, the Premier League is an utterly tediocre experience involving such mind numbing fixtures as West Ham v Bournemouth and such soulless horrors as Manchester City, Chelsea and Manchester United.

I do wonder whether it would be like divorcing that bird off dictionary corner in countdown (who's absolute intellectual class clunge) for a disastrously disheartening fling with Cheryl Cole. I mean....Cole looks tremendous. But the reality of actually arriving there would perhaps be a Stella disappointment after initial explosion of joy.

If you know what I mean

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
I do wonder whether it would be like divorcing that bird off dictionary corner in countdown (who's absolute intellectual class clunge) for a disastrously disheartening fling with Cheryl Cole. I mean....Cole looks tremendous. But the reality of actually arriving there would perhaps be a Stella disappointment after initial explosion of joy.

If you know what I mean

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest

But Tony deseves a shot at the Prem. It would also repay his investment. Sets you up for life...if spent or saved wisely which we would.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
But Tony deseves a shot at the Prem. It would also repay his investment. Sets you up for life...if spent or saved wisely which we would.

Indeed. If they paid us each £250k per week throughout the season for attending matches we'd have a long season ticket waiting list. #the life of Rooney, I mean riley.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
OP is good to read every now and then.

Reminder to get on with enjoying it all as much as possible.

NSC has a few of those annoying people that if you got stuck in front of them in the North Stand would have made you move away...

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold

If you know what I mean

Nooooo I would much rather have Susie Dent than Cheryl Cole!

Stella disappointment or not, I'm still intent on watching the Albion play at least one seaon in the Premier League in my lifetime. What's the point in anything in life unless you aim for the very top?

Redundant Gigolo

Jan 19, 2016
Nooooo I would much rather have Susie Dent than Cheryl Cole!

Stella disappointment or not, I'm still intent on watching the Albion play at least one seaon in the Premier League in my lifetime. What's the point in anything in life unless you aim for the very top?

I'm intent on that too. But not at the cost of losing a grip on the safety and longevity of the club.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove

If you know what I mean

Know exactly what you mean. Think it's just natural football fan pessimism. Depends how it goes though doesn't it? I'd take the last few seasons Southampton have had (let alone Leicester).

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Know exactly what you mean. Think it's just natural football fan pessimism. Depends how it goes though doesn't it? I'd take the last few seasons Southampton have had (let alone Leicester).

Exactly ... becoming an established Prem team, perhaps more like going steady with Rachel Riley?

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
In answer to the OP it's only a minority of the supporter base that are habitual moaners the vast majority can see the direction the club is heading.

There is only one destination. 20,000+ season ticket holders have faith in the club.

Within a decade we will be an established Premier League club whether Tony is at the helm or funding/control from a yet unknown source.

el punal

Leaving the UK in June has given me an interesting perspective on the Albion who I have been following since the mid 80s as far as attending games is concerned.

I've had my fair share of loss of perspective moments over the years as well as running on the pitch at the goldstone and being a prick through to the games in the darkens days attending rallies and gigs (notably Chester away)

However reading many social media outlets and of course the gospel that is nsc. It's made me wonder whether we have started to sound like ungrateful children, a bunch of self entitled bellends who have lost a little sense of what the last 5 years have given us.

The club make mistakes. We make mistakes. All of us. But the journey we are being taken on at the moment is something that I could not have comprehended as real 10 years back.

But it's actually more about the way we portray ourselves to the best club and the people that have taken us this far.

Moaning, criticising, expecting full updates from the club on transfers, demanding that we are provided with absolute clarity of up to date information so that we, the ignorant Ill-informed can then cast aspersions with no actual grounds for such accusations.

I know the club can make the odd faux pas. And as supporters we know full well the dangers of crooked owners.

But for the love of god can't we just enjoy this??? Whatever the outcome ? Life is brief for all of us. Think of what happened last August. How the club portrayed itself.

That's what I follow.

If faith and hope in Tony Bloom makes me a simpleton and a club apologist then that's what I am.

Shouldn't worry about it too much. Most Albion fans are level headed and sensible, are philosophical about the club's well being and enjoy the team's fortunes - win, lose or draw.

Unfortunately none of them post on North Stand Chat. :wink:

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla

That's what I follow.

Good post. The ingratitude over the chairman stopping buying some fans a cup of tea whilst he makes a £18 million a year loss was spectacular.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Of course there are some people like that, but not too many of us I hope. I am constantly grateful for what Sir Tony has given us.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
In answer to the OP it's only a minority of the supporter base that are habitual moaners the vast majority can see the direction the club is heading.

There is only one destination. 20,000+ season ticket holders have faith in the club.

Within a decade we will be an established Premier League club whether Tony is at the helm or funding/control from a yet unknown source.

This is a good thread and very true.

I just wonder IF we get to the prem and hold our own for 3-4 years, what will the expectations be then?

Satisfied with mid-table mediocrity? Having achieved 'the dream' would attendances drop?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Satisfied with mid-table mediocrity? Having achieved 'the dream' would attendances drop?

They did in the old Div 1 back in the 80s. Ok some of it due to safety measures meaning a drop in capacity had to be made, but there was also a real drop in support for matchday.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
They did in the old Div 1 back in the 80s. Ok some of it due to safety measures meaning a drop in capacity had to be made, but there was also a real drop in support for matchday.

That was also down to Mike Bailey's football....

Just wonder whether history will repeat itself

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here