Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Country Pub recommendation for great food

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
I know I can rely on you lot.

I’m looking for the best country pub not too far from Brighton (north or east of) that serves great lunch time food.

Shy Talk

Mar 3, 2012
Brighton
Try The Juggs at Kingston, Trevor Arms at Glynde, Barley Mow on A27 just past Middle Farm, Rose Cottage at Alciston, Cricketers at Berwick just for starters. Then tomorrow you could try the Eight Bells at Bolney and the Castle at Bramber. I've tested them all for you.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Shepherd & Dog - Fulking

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Had a very pleasant lunch the other day in the lovely garden at the Friars Oak, just north of Hassocks on the A273. Its a Vintage Inns jobbie, their food is usually pretty decent in my experience.

Waynflete

Nov 10, 2009
Jolly Sportsman at East Chiltington is great if you want posh.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Had a very pleasant lunch the other day in the lovely garden at the Friars Oak, just north of Hassocks on the A273. Its a Vintage Inns jobbie, their food is usually pretty decent in my experience.

The same food chain as The Sergison in Haywards Heath which we used to use a lot but had a meal there recently that was awful so will not be going back. Noticed The Black Lion ex Harvester at Patcham is changing to a Miller Carter Steakhouse like in North Lancing which is quite good for a large chain. It is still owned by M & B Pubs but an improved steakhouse.

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
Might be too far north but I like The Sussex Oak at Warnham.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jun 27, 2012
Best pub for food and for the view (a bit pricey) is The Griffin Inn in Fletching.
The Half Moon in Plumpton isn't bad too.

Scampi

One of the Three
Jun 10, 2009
Denton
Shepherd and Dog is very good, excellent beer there too. I had a very nice meal at the Roebuck Inn in Laughton, it's run by the same people who have the Snowdrop in Lewes. in fact nowadays it's increasingly rare to find a totally shit village pub meal, they just don't survive without good food.

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
The Cock Inn just outside Lewes/Ringmer is good.
The Plough at Upper Dicker also excellent
The Old Oak at Arlington is good

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
I went to The Old Oak Inn at Arlington today for lunch, nice food and very good service.
The Cock Inn, on the A26 Uckfield Road is very good.
The Abergavenny Arms at Rodmell, on the C7 between Lewes and Newhaven is also very good for lunch.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here