Underwhelmed

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath

Don Tmatter

Jul 7, 2003
dont matter
Looks im in minority but i thought he was one of Bolton's better players last couple of times they were down, makes Bridcutt look tall though.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Has anyone just been.. you know... Whelmed?

now that you mention it, i look it up and find that it doesnt really make sense why we'd be over or under it. means either to engulf, cover, or submerge. it needs to be qualified with what you are whelmed with to make sense: water, joy, expectation etc., yet we frequently use on its own, just left there to infer something. isn,t English a joy?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Looks im in minority but i thought he was one of Bolton's better players last couple of times they were down, makes Bridcutt look tall though.

I agree that he looked one of their best players in a bad team but I wouldnt go into raptures about signing him and would hope they have mixed up the players and meant Zac Clough.

Last edited:

Don Tmatter

Jul 7, 2003
dont matter
Id be underwhelmed with his signing just saying hes a standard championship player not as bad as earlier posts made out. Prem or championship level most of his career.

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014
Will echo what most others have said with Spearing not being a bad championship player but would be disappointed if he came in as a replacement for Stephens if he left. Would rather the club looked at Joe Ledley, Grant Leadbitter or Henri Lansbury who allhave less than 12 months on their present club contracts.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Would rather the club looked at Joe Ledley, Grant Leadbitter or Henri Lansbury who allhave less than 12 months on their present club contracts.

Now, he would be a good Stephens replacement. I've long rated him

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here