Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Trevor the Weather

Aug 11, 2003
The Open Market
Apologies if fixtures but this is probably one to be filed under 'blimey, I thought they were dead already', but another TV presenter from yesteryear has died.

Trevor Baker, who did the weather forecast on Day By Day, died a couple if daya ago at the age of 94.

Arthritic Toe

Nov 25, 2005
Swindon
Ah I remember him well. Friendly face of the Southern weather. Do you remember that he once got a sort of spin-off song and dance show? It was so awful that it quickly got panned.

Gary Leeds

May 5, 2008
Ah I remember him well. Friendly face of the Southern weather. Do you remember that he once got a sort of spin-off song and dance show? It was so awful that it quickly got panned.

I thought a second series was commissioned but because Southern lost the franchise to TVS that was why it didn't happen

rocker959

Jan 22, 2011
Plovdiv Bulgaria
RIP Trevor . Do people remember the old guy who used to replace Trevor on his days off and holidays ? Cyril Ockenden who made a whistling noise when he spoke.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
RIP Trevor . Do people remember the old guy who used to replace Trevor on his days off and holidays ? Cyril Ockenden who made a whistling noise when he spoke.
I remember being very excited seeing Ron Lobeck on Eastbourne seafront many years ago. Also saw Trevor Baker on a raft in the Lewes race.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Jul 7, 2003
I met the great Trevor the Weather at an East Preston Fire Station open day when I was very young. Assumed he had died years ago until I saw this story,

Also, my granddad appeared on Out of Town with the late great Jack Hargreaves.

All this leads to the question, how is Fred Dinenage still alive and broadcasting?

sherrinned

Aug 12, 2003
West Worthing
I met the great Trevor the Weather at an East Preston Fire Station open day when I was very young. Assumed he had died years ago until I saw this story,

Also, my granddad appeared on Out of Town with the late great Jack Hargreaves.

All this leads to the question, how is Fred Dinenage still alive and broadcasting?

He has friends in the underworld! !!

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
Once when watching TVS weather in Burgess Hill, Trevor told us how it was fine and dry in the south east.
It was pouring down so for some ridiculous reason I rang him up.
Got through to the studio in Maidstone and got to speak to him.
He was genuine and seemingly interested in me explaining how it might be fine in Kent is wasn't in West Sussex.

Nice Guy RIP

But why oh why would I bother ? :facepalm:

rocker959

Jan 22, 2011
Plovdiv Bulgaria
I don't know why but your comment on Cyril Ockenden has reduced me to tears of laughter. Silly I know, but it just tickled my funny bone. :laugh:

He he he pleased to be of service ..... ssssssssssyril Ockenden

Peteinblack

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
I remember him well, but his attitude to snow annoyed me as a schoolboy who loved the cold white stuff (and still does)!

He always used to pacify grow-ups and motorists by saying 'Don't worry, the snow won't make it this far south' or 'Fortunately, the snow will rapidly turn to rain', or some such.

I'd be thinking ' But I WANT it to snow, Trevor.'

Still, RIP.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here