Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Oxford POTD

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Please could someone advise me how early can one purchase POTD at Oxford tomorrow night.
Thanks in advance :)

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila
The main ticket office closes at 530...so I guess away end office might be about 6.

To keep you busy in the cinema complex opposite there is a curry buffet or an oriental buffet.....eat all u can.....we will be in the curry one this time.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
The main ticket office closes at 530...so I guess away end office might be about 6.

To keep you busy in the cinema complex opposite there is a curry buffet or an oriental buffet.....eat all u can.....we will be in the curry one this time.
Presumably POTG means tickets will be available up until kick off.

Tempted by a late run to this. Is anyone driving up from Eastbourne area with a spare seat or know of/have coach space? PM ASAP.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Just spoken to OUFC Ticket Office who have confirmed it is POTD up until kick off. Cash only and tickets to be bought and collected from the North Stand Ticket Office for Away Fans.

See you all there!

Have also just phoned them, booked tickets over phone and collect around 1845, so no rushing about.
Apparently only 500 tickets sold so far :)

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Have also just phoned them, booked tickets over phone and collect around 1845, so no rushing about.
Apparently only 500 tickets sold so far :)
BHAFC ticket office said 750 sold yesterday. Should be c. 800 in the end I'd have thought and prob decent atmos ...?

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Anyone know how long the bus takes from the railway station?

From Football Ground guide:

Oxford Railway Station is over four miles from the ground and it is really not advisable to try to walk it. You can get the Oxford Bus Company Service, Number 5, from Oxford Railway Station (use bus stop R2) via the city centre to Knights Road in Blackbird Leys, which is a short walk away from the ground. On Saturday afternoons the bus runs every five minutes and on midweek evenings every 8-10 minutes. Journey time to the stadium is around 30 minutes. For more information visit the Oxford Bus Company website. Ed Murray adds; 'I visited the Kassam Stadium for a Tuesday evening game, I took the number 5 bus from the station just before 7pm and, even though the traffic was fairly light, I didn't arrive at the ground until 7:50pm. Coming back after the game, it still took more than half an hour. So it may be an idea to allow yourself plenty of time if you are going to travel in this way.' Tom Raffan a visiting Southend United fan advises; 'It's worth noting that the bus from the train station takes a very windy, indirect route so if intending to get the bus from the station then get there by 1.30pm at the latest (for a 3pm kick off).

In October 2015 a new railway station serving Oxford was opened. Called Oxford Parkway it is served by trains from London Marylebone. Although it is located on the other side of Oxford to the Kassam Stadium, it does have good bus transport links into Oxford City Centre. It is planned that in December 2016 rail services will begin to operate from Oxford Parkway to Oxford.

Sweeney Todd

Apr 24, 2008
Oxford/Lancing
Anyone know how long the bus takes from the railway station?

I have lived in Oxford for eighteen years, so I know my way around the place.

From the railway station, take the number 5 bus to Blackbird Leys, and alight at Balfour Road. The journey will take about half an hour as the bus goes down the High Street, over Magdalen Bridge, along Cowley Road, through Cowley and then to Blackbird Leys.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Just arrived. Off for a few jars in the sonshiiiine
Lucky you. Seagulls Travel on M25 going slower than Inzimam Ul Haq...

Sent from my SM-G357FZ using Tapatalk

Eggman

Jul 8, 2003
West Sussex
Lucky you. Seagulls Travel on M25 going slower than Inzimam Ul Haq...

Sent from my SM-G357FZ using Tapatalk
LOL.

Look at what you could have won. IMG-20160823-WA0000.jpeg

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
There are some mental roadworks as you get into Oxford , 20 zillion cones one bloke leaning on a broom

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here