Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Keeping the fizz in a 2 litre bottle past day 2! Any ideas?

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Keep empty smaller bottles and decant the leftovers into one or more as required.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
If you decant fizzy drinks into a small container it goes flat quicker. In the old days when Inntrepeneur did keg checks you had to make sure that if you bought any lager from a wholesaler it was put in a keg that had been delivered to you but if you transferred it from one keg to another it went flat. You had to find another means of covering the fact of the keg being in the cellar, as it was against the terms of the contract to buy from a wholesaler.

Mileoakman

Aug 11, 2003
The name gives it away
I've used something called 'Fizzkeeper' which replaces the cap on the drinks bottle and has a rubber balloon type attachment on top. When you've poured your drink, you close the top and pump until the plastic bottle feels hard. They work really well and I have a bottle of lemonade in the fridge which I haven't used for about two weeks and is still full of fizz when you open it.

I think you can get them in Sainsburys but Amazon do them although the postage is a bit steep.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Lakeland-F...F8&qid=1471888626&sr=8-1&keywords=fizz+keeper

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Keeping the bottle upright rather than on its side should help.

Im actually doing that!

I've used something called 'Fizzkeeper' which replaces the cap on the drinks bottle and has a rubber balloon type attachment on top. When you've poured your drink, you close the top and pump until the plastic bottle feels hard. They work really well and I have a bottle of lemonade in the fridge which I haven't used for about two weeks and is still full of fizz when you open it.

I think you can get them in Sainsburys but Amazon do them although the postage is a bit steep.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Lakeland-F...F8&qid=1471888626&sr=8-1&keywords=fizz+keeper

Thanks! I will investigate that.

Albion my Albion

NSC Patreon
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
https://www.sodastreamusa.com/carbonators-c21.aspx

Carbonators create the fizz! Each starter kit comes with a 60L CO2 Carbonator. When your carbonator is empty, you can swap it for a full carbonator for the price of gas only at a participating retailer. We also offer the Fizz Concierge™ service in limited areas. Spare carbonators at full price are also available so you always have a back up handy! For more details on CO2 Carbonators, click here.

C_130L_single_spare.png

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
The pump up bottle cap is a good choice.

Some years ago when I first worked in a pub (I'm not coming over all Bens Grandad I promise you) we served lemonade from large bottles. The landlord told us to gently invert the bottle after replacing the cap to recreate the seal. Not sure how well it worked, but he was pretty adamant that we did it.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here