Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The best thing ever bought from the Aldi "mad middle" section...

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
You know those random goods in the middle which are only there for blokes out shopping with t'missus judging by who hangs around them.

I bought a 2 man Kayak with loads of accessories back in January for about 20 notes...inflated it is IMMENSE, it has cushions, waterproof tent storage and even a compass built in. My kids have lived in the sod for most of the holidays and it is far more comfy and performs just as well as the hugely expensive and difficult to transport ones owned by their cousins, better in fact.

What have YOU Bagged in there that you now use all the time?

Arthritic Toe

Nov 25, 2005
Swindon
I love the middle aisle at Lidl and Aldi. Most useful was a circular saw blade. The one I have is an old one of a weird size. I went round all the DIY and tool shops and they all said something along the lines of, "Ah I remember those - is that off a 20 year old Black and Decker? You wont get one that size anymore."

Anyway, a week later, there it was in the middle aisle at Lidl.

No other sizes, just the size I needed, and probably of use to hardly anyone else in the world but me.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
8' diameter quick up pool for £30.Six kids and an old git in it yesterday:thumbsup:.Hard to get the grandson out of it!

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I had a bit of a RUMMAGE in the Lidl one on Saturday. Didn't find anything I particularly wanted, but there was certainly some random bargains to be had. There was an electric nasal trimmer for six quid which I considered briefly, before thinking better of it.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
My other half has bought loads of cyclist clothing from Aldi and Lidl's. We've also bought a tower fan, and ceramic frying pans from Lidl's.
A friend bought a food processor for half the normal price a few months ago. It's a case of keeping your eyes open for bargains when they come in.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Ha ha great thread. Rice Cooker 9.99. Great thing - did realise until a bought one they will cook everything that goes in the rice as well.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
An four way adaptor for the car cigarette lighter, about a tenner. Handy for keeping the children's tablets charged on long journeys. Also a German football shirt for €5 from (a German) Lidl, bargain.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Lycra shorts and a sheepskin deerstalker hat . I didn't really need either but they were simply too cheap not to buy .

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
I'm always buying stuff, small omelette frying pan and work shorts last weekend, Cycling gear, Sun glasses for skiing, skiing gear, damp spray, ironing board, iron, vest tops, garden umbrella and lots lots more! I wish I had seen the kayak and rice cooker..��

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Lidl and Aldi food and drink is often voted the best of the supermarkets in blind tastings but it takes an age to get through the cash points as they are so popular.

Do they let guide dogs in their stores then ?

Very progressive.

Lidl and Aldi food and drink is often voted the best of the supermarkets in blind tastings but it takes an age to get through the cash points as they are so popular.

Yep, worth the wait though.

Far better quality than most other supermarkets and the less pretentious dickwads who get in them the better.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here