Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

o/t fights in George Stret Hove, Sat night,,??

desprateseagull

Jul 20, 2003
brighton, actually
Was with a few friends @ the Wetherspoon (don't judge!) last night, when it seemed to kick off outside, around 11pm.

A young couple had left shortly before, with the guy upturning a chair as he went- came back shortly after, but the locals him squared up and saw him off, suposedly with no punches thrown, but then fight started outside..

police arrived 10 mins later, and it seemed to calm down, then a bigger ruck started, with a group piling into one guy, against one of the windows..

all rather scary.:ohmy:

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
Was with a few friends @ the Wetherspoon (don't judge!) last night,

OK we won't.

, when it seemed to kick off outside, around 11pm.

A young couple had left shortly before, with the guy upturning a chair as he went- came back shortly after, but the locals him squared up and saw him off, suposedly with no punches thrown, but then fight started outside..

police arrived 10 mins later, and it seemed to calm down, then a bigger ruck started, with a group piling into one guy, against one of the windows..

Actually maybe I will . . .

Was with a few friends @ the Wetherspoon (don't judge!) last night, when it seemed to kick off outside, around 11pm.

All rather George street:moo: Last street fight i saw was in Blatchington road involving around 30 bloke type things:ohmy:

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
" East Sussex Lager Louts in Wetherspoons Window Lager Ruck....!!" shocker.

the bigger ruck started AFTER the OB turned up...?? they are so good at their jobs aren't they...???

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
Was with a few friends @ the Wetherspoon (don't judge!) last night

How do I know it wasn't you involved in the fight? Do you have an alibi? I will judge if I want, ok?

human-judge.jpg

mothy

Dec 30, 2012
Lived around the corner for 10 years now. Been in once. 1 thing I can say is that there are not many locals in the slug or whetherspoons. Most appear to get off the train & walk down to them. Why I am not too sure - but glad there are places to mop them up.

Most locals there are of the old & / or alcoholic type!

mothy

Dec 30, 2012
Lived around the corner for 10 years now. Been in once. 1 thing I can say is that there are not many locals in the slug or whetherspoons. Most appear to get off the train & walk down to them. Why I am not too sure - but glad there are places to mop them up.

Dorset Seagull

Once Dolphin, Now Seagull

I was born in Connaught Terrace and was there to see the Queen open the new George St in 1962

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=4NHnYcrMTfU

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
I was born in Connaught Terrace and was there to see the Queen open the new George St in 1962

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=4NHnYcrMTfU

Thanks for posting the video something I wasnt aware of. The scary thing is that was over 50 years ago and the Queen is still bringing joy to school children and adults alike when she undertakes official engagements.
You must have fond memories of the day

Dorset Seagull

Once Dolphin, Now Seagull
Thanks for posting the video something I wasnt aware of. The scary thing is that was over 50 years ago and the Queen is still bringing joy to school children and adults alike when she undertakes official engagements.
You must have fond memories of the day
My only real memory was standing close to where she cut the ribbon. However I thought it was Ruth Buddon who presented the queen with the scissors but the clip suggests otherwise. In my defence I am 60 next month!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

I ived on Osborne Villas for 10 years so I was nearby as well. I don't really have an issue with the 'spoons although the owner is a knob. It does what it does. The clientele in the Slug are more ghastly in my opinion.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here