Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How do we turn away draws into wins?

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Last season we drew more away games than anyone else, and so far we have drawn both away games. How we turn those draws into wins? Go more attacking? Try and kill games off when a goal up? Or shut up shop. Last season we seemed to be trying the latter with limited success.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Yesterday showed we need that nippy striker. Get Vydra, problem sorted.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
We need a stronger defence, simple as that. We are a good counter attacking side so should be able to capitalize when we're ahead, but not resilient enough defensively away from home.

tigertim68

Sep 3, 2012
It would help if CH picked the right team , when we turned up yesterday and saw the team we both thought it was the wrong team and we were right

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Think we need another two players of Anthony and Bremens calibre in central defence and up top..we are so close to the finished article it's hurting....

Defensive slips cost us and lack of goals (i know) but do genuine top scorers go 5 consecutive games goaless in a campaign?

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Last season we drew more away games than anyone else, and so far we have drawn both away games. How we turn those draws into wins? Go more attacking? Try and kill games off when a goal up? Or shut up shop. Last season we seemed to be trying the latter with limited success.

As already mentioned, get a quality striker with pace and another CB, try not to give the opposition too much respect and go for their jugular when needed, as the pressure will be on them!

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
I've been analysing this for some considerable time and have concluded that in every away game we need to score more goals than the opposition do. That should mean we win.

I'm contemplating applying to be Hughton's strategic adviser.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
It's about killing teams off, we went to Derby and should have won but went to Reading and were poor. Score when you're on top and keep the opposition at bay when you're under pressure.

Another defender, preferably a versatile one, plus a pacey striker and we shall be a force for anyone

crasher

Jul 8, 2003
Sussex
A settled back four would help I think. If we could reinstate our first-choice defence - which I assume is Bruno, Bong, Goldson and Dunk - all in their natural positions - we'll get gradually stronger at protecting a lead.

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
First thing we need to do is get a board with a bit of ambition,once that's sorted then the players will come,fed up with Barber and his rimmers blaming "traffic on the M25"
****ing joke.

Funding the team to the tune of a £15m a season loss isn't showing ambition?

How much do we have to lose a season to make you happy? £30m? £40m? $50m? and with no guarantee it will make any difference

I know you must be fishing

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Yesterday showed we need that nippy striker. Get Vydra, problem sorted.

Yesterday we scored two goals. If we hadn't leaked two goals at the back we'd have won.

Last season we were the top goal scorers. Yes, a 25 goal a season fox-in-the-box striker would be great (and wouldn't be Vydra!) - but useless if we concede as many as we score all the time.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
A settled back four would help I think. If we could reinstate our first-choice defence - which I assume is Bruno, Bong, Goldson and Dunk - all in their natural positions - we'll get gradually stronger at protecting a lead.

Bruno, Dunk, Goldson and Rosenior.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here