Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hughton happy with point [Sky Sports News]

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
[h=3]By PA Sport[/h]Last Updated: 20/08/16 7:29pm

Highlights from Madejski Stadium as Reading take on Brighton in the Sky Bet Championship.

Brighton manager Chris Hughton praised in-form winger Anthony Knockaert for his starring role in Saturday's 2-2 draw with Reading.
Knockaert scored his third goal in as many games in an otherwise sub-standard display from the previous Sky Bet Championship leaders.
"Anthony's playing very well," Hughton said. "He was on top of his game today.*He looks bright and sharp and can make things happen every time he gets the ball.*A point was a fair result. We certainly weren't at our best today. Reading were better than us.
"I was especially disappointed with our first-half performance. For the levels that we've been at recently, I don't think we reached those levels in the first half.
"There's no particular reason for that. We've made a couple of changes and perhaps that rhythm wasn't there.
"Periods in the game became very open and I thought Reading did it better than us. At times, they looked more of a goal threat than us."
Brighton conceded their first goal of the season, in their fifth match, in only the second minute.
John Swift sent in a free-kick from the left flank and it evaded everyone before nestling in the net at the far post.
But Brighton were level six minutes later, when Joey van den Berg inadvertently nodded a Knockaert corner into his own net.
The visitors went in front one minute into the second half through a low drive from Knockaert, but Reading skipper Paul McShane equalised from close range in the 59th minute.
As the hosts rallied, Yann Kermorgant headed against the crossbar and then saw Brighton goalkeeper David Stockdale brilliantly save his overhead kick.
Van den Berg was sent off in the final minute for his second bookable offence - a foul on Tomer Hemed.
"In terms of energy and creating chances, I think we did very well," Reading manager Jaap Stam said. "We controlled the game in the first half.
"After we came back to 2-2, we tried to go for the third goal. We tried to win the game, which is now in our nature. That's how we want to play.
"My philosophy of playing is that we want to play attractive and attacking football with a lot of possession. And that's what we did today.
"But we do make mistakes and that's what we need to get out of our system. That makes it easier for the opponent."
Of van den Berg's red card, Stam said: "Joey is full of temperament. He works very hard for the team but sometimes he takes risks. He just wants to have the ball, he wants to win it."
Reading have announced the signing of Nottingham Forest centre-back Liam Moore, and Stam is also expected to have talks with Manchester United defender Tyler Blackett, who attended Saturday's game.

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

More...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here