Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tom Daley

TheJasperCo

Jan 20, 2012
Exeter
He seemed to be taking it awfully well in an interview afterwards. So disappointing, especially on the back of his exemplary prelim dives.

Gun shot

Ready to be fired
Oct 3, 2020
In a holster
Congratulations, Tom. :clap2:

After all the heartache and personal abuse he's taken in his life, enjoy your GOLDEN success! Couldn't happen to a nicer lad. I have faith that this will give him the huge confidence boost to win more medals out in Tokyo.

Absolutely brilliant! :thumbsup:

Poojah

Nov 19, 2010
Leeds
Nice lad Tom Daley. Went on holiday (remember those) to Cancun in August 2019 and the wife took my daughter for a pampering session for the two of them in the spa. When she came back she was telling me how she’d got chatting for ages to this lovely bloke with his baby son. Didn’t think anything of it.

The next night we were having a drink in the bar when she bumps into this lad again, so goes over and starts having a friendly chat, as you do. It took me a second to register it myself, you know when you recognise someone from somewhere but can’t quite think ‘where’, and they I realised - “bloody hell, that’s Tom Daley”.

She comes back and I point out to her just who this lad is. Gives it the full facepalm, and immediately proceeds to apologise for not knowing who he was and asks for a selfie. No shame that woman.

He didn’t seem to mind though, seeing the funny side, and he posed for photos with the whole family. I declined however, having already died inside by this point.

Well done to him today. Massive achievement to win his first gold medal after all these years. Still only 27 as well - what kind of elixir is the boy drinking?

Last edited:

GloryDays

Jul 5, 2011
Leyton, E10.
Nice lad Tom Daley. Went on holiday (remember those) to Cancun in August 2019 and the wife took my daughter for a pampering session for the two of them in the spa. When she came back she was telling me how she’d got chatting for ages to this lovely bloke with his baby son. Didn’t think anything of it.

The next night we were having a drink in the bar when she bumps into this lad again, so goes over and starts having a friendly chat, as you do. It took me a second to register it myself, you know when you recognise someone from somewhere but can’t quite think ‘where’, and they I realised - “bloody hell, that’s Tom Daley”.

She comes back and I point out to her just who this lad is. Gives it the full facepalm, and immediately proceeds to apologise for not knowing who he was and asks for a selfie. No shame that woman.

He didn’t seem to mind though, seeing the funny side, and he posed for photos with the whole family. I declined however, having already died inside by this point.

Well done to him today. Massive achievement to win his first gold medal after all these years. Still only 27 as well - what kind of elixir is the boy drinking?

Anything with a double shot of chlorine maybe?!

Lovely story, too. Seems like a really nice guy. Congrats to him and great AM for Team GB!

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth

When I saw Tom in Morrisons, Plymouth, I did not look in his trolley to see if he had anything to drink.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here