Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lua Lua "keen on a move"

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patreon
Jun 27, 2012
The Sun this morning:
"KAZENGA LUALUA: The former Newcastle winger is understood to be keen on a move away from Brighton to get more game time. LuaLua won the Championship player of the month for August last season but is struggling to get in the team with Anthony Knockaert , Jiri Skalak and Jamie Murphy ahead of him in the pecking order. The Seagulls also have exciting wideman Solly March to return from injury."
https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/foot...-need-to-know-about-this-weekends-fixtures-2/

Their Champ correspondent also says this about the Albion this season

[tweet]766601904910729216[/tweet]

cooliobhafc

Mar 15, 2012
Brighton
Wow, can't say I am surprised, he is well down the order and to be honest, I don't think he has done much IMO this season when he has come off the bench. Doesn't seem to have the speed anymore, hasn't beaten anyone for pace for a while and just hasn't delivered. Don't get me wrong, would love to see the KLL of old but I don't think we will.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Is a game changer on his day, but unfortunately those days aren't all that often :( Shame really as him and Bong looked unstoppable on the left last season.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I'd be sad to see him go, I've always been a big fan of his. He was in spectacular form a year ago until he got crocked, and has never looked like getting back to that level of performance. But then half the problem with that is just the amount of quality we've now got in the squad out wide, he's just not going to get the gametime to play his way back in.

Tis' a pity, but its probably time he moved on.

Munchkin

Jul 12, 2005
Littlehampton
Thanks for the memories Kaz but I agree time to move on..

Just shows how far we've come if he's forth or fifth choice.

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
Been with us a long time now, right back to the Withdean days, but I can understand him wanting more game time and with the squad now that's likely to be very limited. Good luck to him if he can get a good deal elsewhere,

smeg

Feb 11, 2013
BN13
Maybe a bit controversial but for the last year or so i've seen him as a fringe player, a less then "super" sub who came on when we were losing to make things happen, more than likely we still lost.

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
This is different to what he said last week, agent talk trying to engineer a move by the looks of it.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
He doesnt produce what is needed for us but unfortunately the price we would want would price him out of most Div 1 clubs which is where he would be best suited as I cannot see many Championship clubs going after him.

Last edited:

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Loved it when we signed him . Was rare we pulled things like that off back then.

Never know what to expect with Kaz so would like to keep but in reality he is our 5th best winger now.

No idea on money for him. He's only 25. 750k / 1m would be decent

Oct 25, 2003
shame as i'm a big fan of his, he has been unfortunate with injuries though and now has too many players ahead of him. He'd get regular game time at a lot of other clubs which I think is testament to our amount of quality in that area

he's given us many fond memories

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Not got the technical ability to get in this side anymore. His pace is no longer enough with the other options we have. Shame but just hasn't progressed over the last few years apart from the odd month here and there.

madinthehead

I have changed this
Jan 22, 2009
Oberursel, Germany
I like him, as others have said, the Lua-Lua of old hasn't really resurfaced.. OK, it may do, given game time, but who would you drop for him? If he goes, hope he does well and hope that we get a good fee for him..

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here