Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Rockery Gardens Damaged.

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
"Volunteers who look after the garden also received reports of a large number of youths on top of the chalet roof trying to set fire to it."

Why?!

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Complete scumbags the lot of them.

narly101

Feb 16, 2009
London
They should be made to repair and work on the gardens for free for the rest of their small insignificant lives, without chance of parole. That should sort them out. Work to standard and get fed and slept. Don't work, no food.

D

Deleted member 22389

This has annoyed me. Lovely place. Can't understand why someone would want to damage it.

http://m.theargus.co.uk/news/14692584.Vandals_trash_rock_garden/

Some right wankers around at the moment.

Two incidents over the last couple of days that have made me wonder what goes through some of these young peoples minds,

Wed, Group of young people just walked across the traffic lights whilst they where green, forcing me to stop, they just stood in the middle of the road and looked at me and the wife in our car to say what you going to do about it.

Then yesterday was down the beach with my 2 year old, wife and our friends and the wankers started throwing small stones down at us, one nearly hit me and my daughter, I was about to go up and tell them to stop it, but you know what I don't trust them anymore. They would probably beat you to a pulp these days, because these wankers don't have any limits anymore.

This lot need some sodding discipline.
Hope they find the twats that did this and make them

1) Pay for the damage
2) Help repair it

KingstonSeagull

May 1, 2013
Shoreditch
Some right wankers around at the moment.

Two incidents over the last couple of days that have made me wonder what goes through some of these young peoples minds,

Wed, Group of young people just walked across the traffic lights whilst they where green, forcing me to stop, they just stood in the middle of the road and looked at me and the wife in our car to say what you going to do about it.

Then yesterday was down the beach with my 2 year old, wife and our friends and the wankers started throwing small stones down at us, one nearly hit me and my daughter, I was about to go up and tell them to stop it, but you know what I don't trust them anymore. They would probably beat you to a pulp these days, because these wankers don't have any limits anymore.

This lot need some sodding discipline.
Hope they find the twats that did this and make them

1) Pay for the damage
2) Help repair it

Problem is that the law is always on these little bellends side, if you go and give them a slap you'll end up doing time, even if the little scumbag is hitting you.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
So where exactly are the police in all this if;

"The first section was broken on Thursday August 11, more damage was inflicted over the weekend and a final act of destruction carried out on Tuesday night."

Every other square ****ing inch of Brighton has a security camera. How about installing one sharpish where there's some ****ing crime happening?

jevs

Mar 24, 2004
Preston Rock Garden
As garden manager in the Rockery, let me explain a bit more about the incidents over the past week or so.

Firstly, i've looked after the garden for over 16 years now. In that time, i don't think i've ever seen such systematic criminal damage as i have this week.

It all started last thursday, 11th August when a section of the bridge was smashed up and the pieces thrown liberally around the garden and in the pond. This was reported to the police on their non emergency number and a crime no obtained.

Then, on Sunday 14th, i came into work to conduct a guided walk of the garden to anyone who wanted to come along. On this occasion, a large number of mature herbaceous perennial plants were pulled up and thrown everywhere. There were limbs broken off trees and conifers and there was a huge amount of litter around the garden and in the pond. The garden looked like a scene from Beirut and for the first time ever, i was actually ashamed of putting my name to the garden. Reported to police blah blah

Monday 15th, i received an email from our office from a member of the public saying she had seen a large group of youths on the chalet roof trying to set fire to it. She took a photo of the smoke....shame she didn't phone 999!!!!!!

Tues 14th and the 3rd section of bridge was kicked in. Shingles were also removed from the chalet roof. 101 informed about bridge and attempted arson.

Every day, i'm coming to work and there's tons of litter strewn all over the grass and thrown in the pond. The police are aware of what's going on but what can they do unless they actually catch someone in the act of criminal damage?

If anyone sees anything that could resemble anti social behaviour or criminal damage, please give the OB a call on 101 or 999 if serious. The more it's flagged up to them, the more change we have of getting some police patrols.

In the meantime, thank you for bringing this up....it's pretty soul destroying to come in every morning and see that some low life scum has destroyed another small part of the garden.

Cheers, Andy

Last edited:

Collingburnian

May 13, 2016
Shoreham by Sea
Has been a target for years by mindless vandals who appear to think they are above the law. They are probably right, as the law seems to be on their side. They are all victims of society and as we are society, it is clearly our fault.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Infuriating and downright pathetic. What would the police or courts do anyway? Nowt I should imagine.
Sorry to hear this Jevs. Hope it can be stopped.

ack

Apr 20, 2006
As garden manager in the Rockery, let me explain a bit more about the incidents over the past week or so.

Firstly, i've looked after the garden for over 16 years now. In that time, i don't think i've ever seen such systematic criminal damage as i have this week.

It all started last thursday, 11th August when a section of the bridge was smashed up and the pieces thrown liberally around the garden and in the pond. This was reported to the police on their non emergency number and a crime no obtained.

Then, on Sunday 14th, i came into work to conduct a guided walk of the garden to anyone who wanted to come along. On this occasion, a large number of mature herbaceous perennial plants were pulled up and thrown everywhere. There were limbs broken off trees and conifers and there was a huge amount of litter around the garden and in the pond. The garden looked like a scene from Beirut and for the first time ever, i was actually ashamed of putting my name to the garden. Reported to police blah blah

Monday 15th, i received an email from our office from a member of the public saying she had seen a large group of youths on the chalet roof trying to set fire to it. She took a photo of the smoke....shame she didn't phone 999!!!!!!

Tues 14th and the 3rd section of bridge was kicked in. Shingles were also removed from the chalet roof. 101 informed about bridge and attempted arson.

Every day, i'm coming to work and there's tons of litter strewn all over the grass and thrown in the pond. The police are aware of what's going on but what can they do unless they actually catch someone in the act of criminal damage?

If anyone sees anything that could resemble anti social behaviour or criminal damage, please give the OB a call on 101 or 999 if serious. The more it's flagged up to them, the more change we have of getting some police patrols.

In the meantime, thank you for bringing this up....it's pretty soul destroying to come in every morning and see that some low life scum has destroyed another small part of the garden.

Cheers, Andy

Feel really sorry for you pain, balaclava's and baseball bats would be too good for the scum today.But then the plod would side with these poor little angels.
Just don't get the mentality of these thugs(as that what they are). WOW I beat up a bench ect.

jevs

Mar 24, 2004
Preston Rock Garden
There's no mobile domiciles parked up nearby, are there?

No mate.....we've had travellers in the park on many occasions and they've always been as good as gold. This is a group of bored yobs that are either local or down from the smoke by train (as we've had on previous occasions)

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!
I really feel for you Jevs, having to put up with all this type of idiotic stuff. Having worked with you for several years, I know the love and passion you have for the Rockery and this is soul destroying. However, we went through similar in the past, and how ever angry it makes you feel, you need that Dunkirk spirit to get you through this, which you've shown before. Please don't let it deter you from continuing the brilliant work you do. Unfortunately, this behavior seems typical of the time in which we live. Be strong and carry on, and let's hope something really horrible happens to the the ****s.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here