Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Handball.....I know there's a dedicated Olympic.thread, but....

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
There's a handball club that plays at Sussex Uni. My daughter was interested in going to the teenage sessions but it was for boys only. There are adult sessions too if anyone is interested

mothy

Dec 30, 2012
Looks a great game. Athletic, physical, improves hand eye co-ordination, pretty safe - can't believe it's not done at school. Only needs a ball & smaller area than football & can be played on a play ground

The ability to throw & catch are essential motor skills - Whereas lets face it, the ability to kick a call somewhere is pretty pointless really / not useful in day to day life

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
It seems like a sport that should be popular here and nationally we would flatter to deceive make the quarter finals and get dumped out by the equivalent of Iceland but alas no

Iceland got a sliver at the Beijing Olympics at handball though apparently.

KingstonSeagull

May 1, 2013
Shoreditch
I think it is rather silly, they just tend to run up one end score, run up the other end score. That and the Qatar team looked like they had a few members of my local kebab house playing for them (big guts and balding)

Oct 25, 2003
great sport...when I was staying in Copenhagen I was next to the indoor arena of one of their top handball teams and I sneaked in to watch a training session. Very athletic guys

it's a shame it's not big here as I'd be WELL into it

Davemania

Jul 11, 2011
Uckfield
I think it is rather silly, they just tend to run up one end score, run up the other end score. That and the Qatar team looked like they had a few members of my local kebab house playing for them (big guts and balding)

I agree, I'm not a fan at all. It's more popular in Spain, used to be on tv when I was there but once in on goal there's very little chance of stopping it. They can throw it too fast and accurately to do anything about it so it's quite dull generally

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Frantic, chaotic, athletic, majestic.
I bloody well love it.

Ali_rrr

Feb 4, 2011
Utrecht, NL
I played handball in school. But if you are interested in playing or even trying it there are teams. I know they are always looking for new players. Brighton and Eastbourne are 2 of many that have teams.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
My dad reckons the lady who cuts his hair used to be in the Lithuanian handball team.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Watched bits of it, but any sport which has points diarrhoea because its so easy to score (see also basketball) is a bit of a turn-off for me.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here