Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

More bicycle theft in Hove ALERT!!!!

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
New one is ..... locking a crap bike through your frame and hope that you leave it over night so that they can get to work on your lock when there's no one around.

Counts

mothy

Dec 30, 2012
I had my bike nicked 2 weeks ago from outside my house in central hove (Shirley street to be exact) - they cut 2 locks (not d locks) off - so no it's not a hangleton only thing. It's central hove robbing *******s. My bike was £60 second hand 2 years ago & not all the gears worked..

Where was this latest & how secure was it? Make sure you report it!

stewardxxx

Oct 7, 2008
Brighton
Feel your pain - just don't expect the police/courts to do anything useful. I locked my £650 bike at Shoreham station last year using 2 locks, one through each wheel and the frame. Got back from London that evening to find most of the bike there except for my front works and seatpost/saddle.

I purposely locked it up facing a camera which caught everything and the perpetrators in action. A woman and her 13 year old son who were already on bail for a string of other thefts and bike thefts. I went to the BTP depot in Brighton and retrieved my parts eventually (in this time though insurance had provided a replacement though)

No action against the boy which is fair enough and the woman plead not guilty right up to the morning of her trial then went guilty. I believe she ended up with about 7 or 8 suspended sentences. I found out they live no more than a 4 minute walk from me and often have bikes for sale outside.
They still sell bikes and have recently started selling mopeds and motorbikes outside - seems they both learned their lessons...

mothy

Dec 30, 2012
Why is this fair enough ???

probably because its not his fault his mum is a scummy bitch & has brought him up wrongly - no hope poor lad - but if he doesnt sort himself out, by the time hes an adult (which he most likely wont), then hopefully they chuck the book at him (every time - but they wont)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here