Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

New Kit Regulations (boring thread)

GloryDays

Jul 5, 2011
Leyton, E10.
I notice that several clubs have abandoned striped backed shirts this season (like with last) and as far as I was to understand this was because of new regulations involving the legibility of squad numbers.

If so, how have newcastle got away with it...? or is it only truly enforced by the premier league for their clubs and we're abiding with the hope that we'll use this template next year in the premier league...?

If anyone knows the particulars about this I'd be really interested to know, just out of curiosity really.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Didn't Celtic used to have numbers on shorts and not on the back of their shirts years ago? Must admit, I really don't like the plain white back of our shirt :nono:

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
If there are new kit regulations, does it include the requirement to have shin pads larger than a two pence piece?

Stockdale will testify as to the need for proper shin pads. His Carbon Fibre jobbies probably saved a nasty compound fracture.

Jul 7, 2003
Besides, it is impossible to put a time limit on bitterness. I still haven't forgiven Norman Whiteside!!!!

I still haven't forgotten Southampton & Spurs playing out that dodgy 0-0 in 1978.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Wigan have got blue and white stripes on the back, they've got a CRACKING shirt this season. Just shows what could have been, ours is utter toilet.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Couldn't care less what we wear so long as we're challenging come end of season, football not fashion show.

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
Dosent theres have a plain blue back ?

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Dan Harding
Dean Hammond
& The Withdean Parking Stewards