Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

O/T New laptop advice

Dorset Seagull

Once Dolphin, Now Seagull
Need to get a new laptop mainly for business apps with the only game likely to be Football Manager. Probably looking at spending around the £1000 mark although cost isn't a real issue.

Any suggestions advice/welcome. Currently have a Samsung R780 with 8gb ram but it is giving me a few problems

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Wife has a MacBook and a Big Mac but most of my current software and files are Windows compatible so I need to stay on the dark side

Are there not mac versions/equivalent to help with the switch? It's the right thing to do.

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016
We have a bring your own device policy at work, everyone with a MacBook massively struggles because nothing works properly. My MacBook sits at home now and I use a Surface Pro here. Love it.

£1k is a decent amount, I can highly recommend the Surface, especially if you need to lug it from home to work everyday.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Sony VAIO Pro 13. Beautiful machine.

sony-vaio-pro-svp13213-spec2s.jpg

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Yes did know but had forgotten that. I still think it has the potential to cause more grief than I need

The initial setup can be a bit tricky for people who aren't that tech savvy, but once it's done its simply a case of choosing the partition on startup. I'm actually considering doing it to mine again if I can find a free copy of Win to use...

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016
Guys, it makes no sense to buy a Mac and then chuck windows on it if he's going to be spending all of his time in windows. All he's got then is the aesthetics benefit, and the additional cost.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
my advice is dont spend £1000 on a laptop, you'll be paying alot of premium for small performance increase over something half the price.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here