Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Feeling loved up, how blessed are we?

KT17

Apr 19, 2014
With such a strong squad...

With such a talented, understated, beloved manager...

With great players about to come home from injury...

Being top of the table...

Scoring goals...

Feeling (I feel) so much more hope now actually than any time last season...

After decades of hurt, bloody hell, it's good to be supporting this club just now...

Just wanted to say it

Bloody love it

There

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
You didn't have more hope before the Middlesbrough game? We only had to win one game to get promoted. While the other things you say are true, there's a bloody long way to go and some other good sides too.

KT17

Apr 19, 2014
You didn't have more hope before the Middlesbrough game? We only had to win one game to get promoted. While the other things you say are true, there's a bloody long way to go and some other good sides too.

No, you're right, I didn't Trig and if you look at my last seasons posts I never felt we'd do it last time... though last season was a lovely surprise after Sami's season. But honestly Trig I feel there's something in this season for us... and it feels sooo good!

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I agree with the OP. After their pasting tonight vs the Toon there's every chance we could bag all three points vs Reading on Saturday. The squad looks united.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
No, you're right, I didn't Trig and if you look at my last seasons posts I never felt we'd do it last time
I wasn't particularly confident, as I knew the odds were against us winning at Middlesbrough, but I know the odds of promotion are longer now.

But honestly Trig I feel there's something in this season for us... and it feels sooo good!
I don't even want to think about promotion this year. So much is down to luck, I'd just rather enjoy the games for what they are.

KT17

Apr 19, 2014
I wasn't particularly confident, as I knew the odds were against us winning at Middlesbrough, but I know the odds of promotion are longer now.

I don't even want to think about promotion this year. So much is down to luck, I'd just rather enjoy the games for what they are.

I don't disagree with any of that Trig. For me though last season my sensation was of doomed hope, this year it is positivity and unlimited horizons...

That's all

Happy

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I don't disagree with any of that Trig. For me though last season my sensation was of doomed hope, this year it is positivity and unlimited horizons...

That's all

Happy
Someone's got themselves a girlfriend :wink:

CP 0 3 BHA

Nov 28, 2003
Northants

Not sure about that - we are 2s for promotion at the moment - I'd imagine we were longer odds to win at Boro - but perhaps about the same overall due to the play off additional chance.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003

That's all

Happy

I'm feeling like this too. I put it down to new season optimism mixed with the lack of a set back so far. I'm sure there will be a defeat coming our way soon which will bring back the feeling of doomed hope that I'm far more accustomed too.

dazzer6666

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Scoring goals...

After decades of hurt, bloody hell, it's good to be supporting this club just now...

Just wanted to say it

Bloody love it

There

Should probably add the devoted (loaded) man-and-boy fan we have as Chairman to your list.......

Stat Brother

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I know all of that is true.
I agree with every word.

And yet right now, for whatever reason, I'm just not feeling it. :cry:

KingstonSeagull

May 1, 2013
Shoreditch

Scoring goals...

Just wanted to say it

Bloody love it

There

I am with you, the way we are playing now.... Bring on anyone!

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016
I agree that the results aren't all that different from last season with the fixtures so far, but I do feel we are playing much better. Last year, against Derby in particular I did not think we were going to come away with anything. We scored very much against the run (to be fair we were set up like that)m but we were lucky not to be chasing that game. This year we were far better.

I don't remember being this excited about the start to a season, no matter what the end result I think it's going to be a good one.

Derby, Forest and Rotherham

15/16
6 points
Scored 5
Conceded 3

16/17
6 points
Scored 6
Conceded 0

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
I agree that the results aren't all that different from last season with the fixtures so far, but I do feel we are playing much better. Last year, against Derby in particular I did not think we were going to come away with anything. We scored very much against the run (to be fair we were set up like that)m but we were lucky not to be chasing that game. This year we were far better.

I don't remember being this excited about the start to a season, no matter what the end result I think it's going to be a good one.

Derby, Forest and Rotherham

15/16
6 points
Scored 5
Conceded 3

16/17
6 points
Scored 6
Conceded 0

We've got 7 points 16/17

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
I agree it's best not to fixate on promotion, and take the games as they come.

But it's pleasant to reflect on the fact we have a stronger squad this year, with a proven goalscorer up front, and cover in almost every position. And we've already knocked up two 3-0 wins, which we just didn't seem capable of for the first half of last season. Nobody has scored against us. We're top of the league, which means nothing after three games, but it's still bloody nice looking at that table.

Sure, it may all look very different after another three games. And at the end of the season. But I'm going to enjoy this little moment.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here