Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

C4 sign two year deal to show BDO Lakeside championship.

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
Fair play to the BDO for getting an established broadcaster to take over from the BBC.

Will they break after every set for the commercials?

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Think they have got highlights of Division 3 Eastbourne Red Triangle Stoolball League as well. Watch out Sky!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
Commonsense would suggest that they will keep a similar format as to the BBC and with so many freelance presenters etc available get the advert slots right and maybe not a bad thing ? Remember when the BBC lost cricket to C4 ?

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
It would have been more appropriate if the contract had been picked up by Gold, such is the average age of the BDO participants.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Good news.

Heard Channel 4 are going to be innovative with their analysis much like they were when they took on cricket. They will be showing the angle, speed and distance from arm to board so as to help understand the mechanics of dart and will be doing a 'fan-cam' to try to present the unique atmopshere at the Lakeside and make it feel as though the viewer was there watching it live.

Wonder if Bobby George will make the switch??

Eagle Slayer

Jul 15, 2007
Worthing
Correct me if i am wrong but it is only the afternoon sessions they are showing live (bar the final) so most people at work wont be able to watch live darts unless they have BT which shows all the evening sessions.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here