Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ten Years Ago Today ...

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
Ah, but what was the party's position on Brexit?

(I've still got a heap of campaign material under a spare room bed by the way - I'll leave on your seat at the Amex.)

It's kind of hard to believe when you look at our great stadium that all of that went on. But every one of us owes you and all the other people who made it happen a huge debt of gratitude.
As TH,PP said 'it was the best of times it was the worst of times'
Hope all's well with you Lord B.

essbee

Jan 5, 2005
... I contested a by-election for the Seagulls Party in the Ringmer and Ouse Valley ward of Lewes District Council.

We lost the by-election, but we won the argument.

It brings back the complete and utter frustration of some of those times - but the ultimate glory. Cheers LB.

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
The only political party I have ever joined, or likely to join.

Snap. And I've still got my membership card, t shirts and badges. I've voted for the party on a couple of occasions since, but the returning officers probably recorded a spoiled vote. Especially as I live and vote in Somersetshire.

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
The only political party I have ever joined, or likely to join.

And me and I still have my Seagulls Party membership card, I keep it with pride! I showed it to quite a few people in my local at the time, it was amazing how many friends / associates actually looked up what it was all about, for a short while it became a bit of a talking point in my local....

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
I still have my party card, and souvenirs from the May council elections, when we fielded four candidates.

edna krabappel

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 7, 2003

crookie

Jun 14, 2013
Back in Sussex
Sad that there was so much opposition from Lewes and there can hardly be any negative repercussions. Indeed prematch the pubs are rammed, big boost to the local economy. I'm guessing but can't believe trade was at that level for Withdean. My preferred route now, 29 to Lewes, few beers then the train, dodge the carnage at Brighton station

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here