Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The North Stand sounds amazing when they all sing together

edna krabappel

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 7, 2003
It always helps when the team give us something to sing about.

It does, but that said, it's when things aren't going so well that the crowd can pick things up. Happened last night, early on when it wasn't quite happening for us. The crowd got going, and the game noticeably lifted. It was great to see.

Puppet Master

non sequitur
Aug 14, 2012
So many times the video screen crew got a song going then I'd look over to the police box crew and they had something else on the go. How hard is it for one group to stop their current song and join in?

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
So many times the video screen crew got a song going then I'd look over to the police box crew and they had something else on the go. How hard is it for one group to stop their current song and join in?

It's frustrating but I guess those two areas start the most chants so those around them hear those and join in and it clashes. I'm in F and if I hear the police box crew starting a song and our area is quiet I and others would join in. Just don't always hear them when the video screen guys are starting chants.

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
Still seems to be that split though,

One group singing in N1F then one over near N1D with the odd few in he middle. End up signing two chants or out of time.

That has been really obvious to the rest of the ground quite often in recent years but last night it did seem that the north was singing with one voice a lot of the time. From the east I couldn't detect conflicting chants, which is quite unusual. So well played, chaps.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Very impressed with the North last night. Sounded loud and proud from the family stand in the east.

Hey hang on there one darn minute, that may be true, but so were we in the west . . .

We're the North Stand, We're the North Stand, followed equally voluably by We're the West Stand, We're the West Stand . . . etc. etc.

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
I stand in the N1B under the control box. I sing any and every song along with a lot of others. Last night there was a very noticeable lift in decibels in the singing, especially when the North Stand/ North-West Stand song started. Hairs on my neck stood up, along with the Kockhaert song.

There are two frustrating things for me in the North Stand, 1) not everyone joins in the singing.. why not? If you don't want to sing fair enough but if it was me I would be in the East or West on the half way line if I didn't sing as you don't go to the North for the view. I was East halfway line two season ago but not enough atmosphere for me. 2) We cannot always hear the lot in the middle or east side of the North. This is mainly because there is little time where we are not singing a song, so cannot hear them. But when we do have a lull and either the other part of the North or the North-West start a song, we always join in.

Last night was awesome, long may it continue cause this season could be even better than last years! :D

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
I'm bang in the middle of the North, quite often both sides of the stand sing the same song but at different speeds and a few seconds out of sync, it might sound petty but it makes it difficult to join with either.

albionite

May 20, 2009
I'm bang in the middle of the North, quite often both sides of the stand sing the same song but at different speeds and a few seconds out of sync, it might sound petty but it makes it difficult to join with either.

Down to you guys in the middle to be more vocal and join the two sides together

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here