Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Maenpaa

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
Really pleased for him to get the clean sheet and he pulled off a great save in the second half. Hardly needed to touch the ball in the first.

There seemed to be a couple of miscommunications with the defence in the second though I was too far away from the action to see if that was really the case.

Hopefully he'll take a lot of confidence into the Reading game.

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014
Stockdale was ever present last year, and barely put a foot wrong all season. He is most definitely and most deservedly number one. Maenpaa though was really good last night, and Stockdale will know he need to keep performing, with someone very able, waiting to step in.

Win win.

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Couple of majestic claims from high balls into the box. Two decent saves, ones you'd expect him to make, but nonetheless needed to be done.

Pleased for him to get a go in the League at last. No concerns if he plays at Reading.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
Does Stockdale come straight back in when fit or does Niki keep the shirt?

Would be harsh to drop him based on last nights performance.

sdmartin1

Sep 23, 2008
Didn't have too much to do, but from the little action he had he did well. My only criticism would be he doesn't seem as sharp or accurate distribution wise as Stockdale which can be key for us when counter attacking. Lets see how he does against Reading.

Ron Manager

Oooh, wasn't it?
Sep 14, 2015
Lentil Alley
His cross catches were excellent and clean. Did exactly what we would have hoped, reassuring we have at least 2 solid 'keepers.

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014
Niki, you're the best Finn, that's ever happened, to-oo me-ee, you're my world...

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Not exactly a baptism of fire for his debut, but a very safe pair of hands. A clean sheet and a superb full length save in the second half that rightly earned the congratulations of his team-mates will have done his confidence no harm at all and added to the already impressive team spirit. Boy done good.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
Commanded the box for crosses. Would still pick DS if fit, but very pleased that he was so good last night.

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Niki, you're the best Finn, that's ever happened, to-oo me-ee, you're my world...

Didn't Monty Python do a song about Finland?

Withdean11

Feb 18, 2007
Brighton/Hyde
I love Stockdale, I really do. But Maenpaa deserves to keep the shirt for Saturday if Stockdale is fit. If he is here to compete for the number 1 spot you cannot drop him after a good game and a clean sheet. He couldn't of done anymore last night.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I love Stockdale, I really do. But Maenpaa deserves to keep the shirt for Saturday if Stockdale is fit. If he is here to compete for the number 1 spot you cannot drop him after a good game and a clean sheet. He couldn't of done anymore last night.

Agreed, especially given the press from Hughton about him yesterday before the game. There is no need to rush Stockdale back so lets give Maenpaa a run in the side.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here