7 days, 10 goals nil conceded...

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Nice stat to start the season..

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Was actually a bit disappointed we didn't go for more in the 2nd half ... how ridiculous is that.

Rotherham seemed to get themselves together though and our foot was off the gas.

Points wise I suspected we would be here but the clean sheets and a Striker now looking prolific is the most pleasing thing.

Fans were decent last night.

Need to keep it going Saturday now.

Going to be a good season

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Was actually a bit disappointed we didn't go for more in the 2nd half ... how ridiculous is that.

Rotherham seemed to get themselves together though and our foot was off the gas.

Points wise I suspected we would be here but the clean sheets and a Striker now looking prolific is the most pleasing thing.

Fans were decent last night.

Need to keep it going Saturday now.

Going to be a good season

Just got the impression 3 up and a clean sheet was good enough, Murray looked gutted to be taken off but a good move from Houghton

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
I was also a bit disappointed we took our foot off the gas when they were there to be taken. We need to learn the cruel goal difference lesson from last year and maximise our GD this season - last night was an opportunity to do that. But maybe I'm just being greedy.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
I was also a bit disappointed we took our foot off the gas when they were there to be taken. We need to learn the cruel goal difference lesson from last year and maximise our GD this season - last night was an opportunity to do that. But maybe I'm just being greedy.
The intensity of effort required to play at peak level - flying into tackles and lung bursting running off the ball - is hard to maintain when a comfortable victory is in the bag. Rotherham didn't capitulate but we more than matched them while in second gear with a few cigars on... Hughton will have been delighted by the performance and absence of injuries.

Last edited:

Pretty Plnk Fairy

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jan 30, 2008
Not conseeded any goals beacuse we have two ENGLISH players at center half in Dunk and Bruno, and an ENGLISH keeper in Stockdale. None of this fancy dan nonsense that you get with foriegners.

#EnglishAndProud
#BrexitMeansBrexit

Regards

DR

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London

It is a fair point but on the other hand, if we rest a couple of players and maybe slow the pace down, we probably give ourselves a better chance of three points at the weekend. It is setup well for us against Reading. We've had a comfortable game last night with a couple of players rested and others taken off early. They go to Newcastle tonight, which will surely be a tough game, have a long journey back and then one day less to prepare for Saturday. Knowing the Albion though, it will probably mean we lose!

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
Not conseeded any goals beacuse we have two ENGLISH players at center half in Dunk and Bruno, and an ENGLISH keeper in Stockdale. None of this fancy dan nonsense that you get with foriegners.

#EnglishAndProud
#BrexitMeansBrexit

Regards

DR

English and proud yet uses the American spelling of centre.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
English and proud yet uses the American spelling of centre.

Ah, but you have to make allowances with him, as he basically mashes his face into the keyboard in a rage and hopes for the best.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
It's not too shabby! We should have milked that game for goals last night - especially after missing out on goal difference last year we should know how vital each goal is, but otherwise it's a great start.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
We could have so easily started with a struggle, I'm so happy the team have started the way we left off!

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
It's a cracking start but we still need a couple of quality signings before I get excited, Look at the way we tailed off when Murray and knocky went off.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here