Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

2 weeks to get through....

I just want to get these 2 weeks out the way without losing any of our players... not sure if we will sign anyone else to be honest I don't think we will but it's more important we don't lose the likes of dunk knocky and Stevens... we will challenge with what we have got and the biggest signing we have in Glen could be the ace card this season.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I would take the window shutting now and using loans to plug the gaps (4th striker, defensive cover).

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Need to sign them before the window shuts even if they are loans

The loan window opens AFTER the transfer window shuts, doesn't it? Sure we got Wilson pretty late last season?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Fair enough.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
The biggest signing we have is Chris Hughton and Knocky, just need to get Beram and Dale to commit. Although Murray is a good one to have and Norwood too.

Worried Man Blues

Feb 28, 2009
Swansea
Being top strengthens our position, players more likely to stay than go for another Championship side and more expensive for other clubs to nick them. Hope it stays that way!!

being top helps I agree few more games to strengthen our position and hopefully Dale and knocks will stay and from what I have seen they are total professional and committed to us unlike a previous player or too ie bridcutt and the other 1 who I have forgot who for some unknown reason had heads turned lol

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
I'm sure Tony will do everything he can to keep the squad together, unless a player really wants to leave. The start we have had will only reinforce his view

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Based on last night I wouldn't be too happy with Lua Lua taking Knockys place if he were to go.

I'd also take no more signings if it meant keeping everyone.

Imagine what a marquee striker would do to the squad

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
I know the club are worried about their ability to keep Stephens, Knockaert and Dunk in the remainder of the window and it wouldn't surprise me if Newcastle, who are still looking for a right winger, come in with an absurdly high offer for AK given their poor start to the season and all the money they have burning a hole in their pocket. That said, we also need to resolve our outstanding purchasing requirements.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I know the club are worried about their ability to keep Stephens, Knockaert and Dunk in the remainder of the window and it wouldn't surprise me if Newcastle, who are still looking for a right winger, come in with an absurdly high offer for AK given their poor start to the season and all the money they have burning a hole in their pocket. That said, we also need to resolve our outstanding purchasing requirements.
I'd be appalled if the club sold a star player to a rival championship club.

We need to do exactly the same as Bristol City and Massive and point blank refuse any sale to another Championship club. If they can do it, so can we.

Last edited:

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Based on last night I wouldn't be too happy with Lua Lua taking Knockys place if he were to go.

I'd also take no more signings if it meant keeping everyone.

Imagine what a marquee striker would do to the squad

If that was a 'shop window' appearance for Lua Lua then it looks like we're stuck with him. I think his best days with us are behind him-he added nothing last night.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Yes, we need to retain our star players, but we should not get complacent about the need for an improved Sam B type striker and a 4th experienced CB. We need these players too, and I hope our board don't make the mistake of making us the nearly-men once again...

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jun 27, 2012
Yes, we need to retain our star players, but we should not get complacent about the need for an improved Sam B type striker and a 4th experienced CB. We need these players too, and I hope our board don't make the mistake of making us the nearly-men once again...

Agreed . But why assumption on this thread that because Albion haven't completed their business by Aug 17th then they've given up hope of strengthening the squad with the 2 positions they say they need. By this logic no other club will buy any decent players they've been targeting in the remaining 2 weeks either.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jun 27, 2012
I'd be appalled if the club sold a star player to a rival championship club.

We need to do exactly the same as Bristol City and Massive and point blank refuse any sale to another Championship club. If they can do it, so can we.

Who says we haven't ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here