Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Why aren't they announcing the PRETENDANCE any more ?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I didn't go to Colchester as I was tidying the shed, but unless I am very much mistaken, there has been no "official announcement" over the tannoy (10 minutes or so before the MOTM award) to tell us how many people bought tickets to the game. As a result, I have been unable to patronise the away fans with some ironic applause.

What gives ?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Spot the early leaver! It was announced right after the final whistle with the numbers on the screens.

Hah, busted. Tonight I was a 91-er, although Forest I stayed till the final whistle, but didn't wait to clap them off so must've missed it.

Why delay it though. I like trying to GUESS

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Another pretendence of nearly 26,000 though. Even if there were just 22,000 in the stadium, I'd still like to know where all those Palace goons have gone. You know, the ones who said we'd be getting 14,000 within three years of the Amex opening while we were laughing at their 12,000 gates.

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Another pretendence of nearly 26,000 though. Even if there were just 22,000 in the stadium, I'd still like to know where all those Palace goons have gone. You know, the ones who said we'd be getting 14,000 within three years of the Amex opening while we were laughing at their 12,000 gates.

The same ones who like to call it "the Gaymex", probably, which doesn't even work, unless you're so monumentally stupid or odd that you say "Ay-merica". Not even Donald Trump's that stupid.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
The announcements, PA and TV presentation does seem to have gone downhill this season, I thought we didn't employ work experience people anymore.

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
As much as I don't give a monkey's whether they announce a crowd of 16,493 or 35,392, I am having the odd sleepless night over the correct spelling of the hilarious new word in the O.E.D.
Is it pretendEnce or pretendAnce?
Great blend of 'attendance' and 'pretend'. Marvellous.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
The announcements, PA and TV presentation does seem to have gone downhill this season, I thought we didn't employ work experience people anymore.

Was amusing watching them trying to sort out the Rotherham team on the screen and keep failing. Must have flashed up 4/5 times with the same three or four blank spaces.

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014
Hah, busted. Tonight I was a 91-er, although Forest I stayed till the final whistle, but didn't wait to clap them off so must've missed it.

Why delay it though. I like trying to GUESS

They announced the Forest attendance as well, on about 85 minutes. Need a sight / hearing test [MENTION=21064]easy[/MENTION]10

Gilliver's Travels

Peripatetic
Jul 5, 2003
Brighton Marina Village
As much as I don't give a monkey's whether they announce a crowd of 16,493 or 35,392, I am having the odd sleepless night over the correct spelling of the hilarious new word in the O.E.D.
Is it pretendEnce or pretendAnce?
Great blend of 'attendance' and 'pretend'. Marvellous.
As the originator of this particular neologism, (which should always be written as pretendance[SUP]TM [/SUP]), I am happy to confirm that it should indeed be spelt with an A.

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010

On a par when Mr Barraclough quelled the Slade Prison riot, theres only one man than can sort this out........

Bring back Paul Samrah.........

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Thought it was quite good announcing it after the final whistle as it got rid of the bit where everyone feels the need to be nice to the away fans in the middle of the game. All for the Amex being more hostile (in a non-violent sense). PA has been a bit quiet in the WSU pre-match in the first 2 games but not sure that was the problem with the goal announcements last night... the guy just had a very deep voice I thought, which didn't really cut through the ambient noise, just got lost in it.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here