Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Agent O'Grady

ac gull

Jul 7, 2003
midlands
As live near Burton went to Burton v Shef Wed game - very surprised how was such a convincing home win.

Burton's clear man of match was O'Grady who was given this by local paper Burton Mail and home fans stood on terrace behind me

Burton fans behind me were tipping Brighton to win League this season and commented looking forward to AMEX day out away trip - main rasons given re style of play we have now and seeing AK in action

Shef Wed had lots of the ball but did nothing with it - only Bannan seemed remotely interested - if Shef Wed play like this they will struggle to make top half let alone play offs - and were generally out muscled in key areas of pitch

We can only hope that recent star player actions have ruined Shef Wed team morale - their fans clearly thought that turning up was all that was needed to see them win five nil away at lowly Burton

Instead they lost to team that is probably highest scorers in division so far re seven goals in three games!

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Wednesday will finish top 4

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
COG started well at Forest too, MOTM at televised game at QPR, then just faded away. Hope for him and for Albion that doesn't happen again - if he can help nick a few results against the top teams, good job. Just not putting my mortgage on it...

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
COG is certainly good enough for the Championship, a bit slow but he holds the ball up well. Just not good enough as a lone striker for a team hoping to get promoted and cannot be guaranteed to score but given game time he'll do ok, scoring a few and assisting others to score.

I am pleased for him, always had a good attitude.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Wednesday will finish top 4
I bet you THIRTY PEE they don't.

They will finish behind Albion, Norwich, Newcastle for starters, and there will be at least one other club better than them. Throwing money about without thought and infrastructural improvements rarely guarantees success.

edna krabappel

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 7, 2003
The Forestieri situation is interesting (I see he was on the bench last night and came on at half time). Basically tells the club and fans to do one, one week, then gets on his knees and grovels the next. The fans have obviously forgiven him quickly enough, principally because he's their best player: if he was crap, they'd be booing the merest mention of his name.

I suppose it's similar to the Karanka situation last season, and that worked out OK for them: then again Karanka wasn't flouncing because he'd had a more lucrative offer elsewhere. Forestieri's a little shit, isn't he? In several respects. I hope it screws them over, but I imagine they'll bounce back soon enough.

worthingseagull123

May 5, 2012
I bet you THIRTY PEE they don't.

They will finish behind Albion, Norwich, Newcastle for starters, and there will be at least one other club better than them. Throwing money about without thought and infrastructural improvements rarely guarantees success.

I think they have the money to finish way above us.

You can't judge them after 3 games. Our start has been much easier

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I think they have the money to finish way above us.

You can't judge them after 3 games. Our start has been much easier

You can and I am. But I'm not judging them purely on results but on what their fans are saying:

Their fans are concerned that their starting XI is competitive but their squad isn't. If that is true, then we are streets ahead of them because we have competition in pretty much all areas now, which wasn't the case as recently as December. We were over reliant on 2 central midfielders, but Sidwell and Norwood now provide cover there. We were struggling up front, but again we have recruited Murray and now have 3 or 4 players all above average in this league and capable of playing up front. We have cover at centre half, we have cover on the wings, especially when March returns. Only at full back do we look a bit light. I can't help thinking that this is why we could easily finish top 2, barring some dreadful luck with injuries - let's face it, that's the only reason we didn't go up last year with a weaker squad!

worthingseagull123

May 5, 2012
You can and I am. But I'm not judging them purely on results but on what their fans are saying:

Their fans are concerned that their starting XI is competitive but their squad isn't. If that is true, then we are streets ahead of them because we have competition in pretty much all areas now, which wasn't the case as recently as December. We were over reliant on 2 central midfielders, but Sidwell and Norwood now provide cover there. We were struggling up front, but again we have recruited Murray and now have 3 or 4 players all above average in this league and capable of playing up front. We have cover at centre half, we have cover on the wings, especially when March returns. Only at full back do we look a bit light. I can't help thinking that this is why we could easily finish top 2, barring some dreadful luck with injuries - let's face it, that's the only reason we didn't go up last year with a weaker squad!

You are making a very valid point though. I'd sooner have lesser players and strong team spirit than bags of money to try and buy the league.

They are one team that worry me though. Norwich and Derby being the other two.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Wednesday have a much worse CB problem than us. As in, they only have 2 decent centre backs and both are injured, which is why they were playing midfielders (or one midfielder and a utility player they'd rather have in midfield) in central defence.

From what I've seen / heard they rated O'Grady as man of the match and that Burton would have scored 5 or 6 but for Westwood. Tactically they had no plan A or plan B and the players (keeper aside) were wholly not up for a scrap.

Of course, this could be a one off bad performance but it seems that there are deeper problems (including the FF situation which can't have helped).

What a shame.

sllugaes

Dec 15, 2012
COG is certainly good enough for the Championship, a bit slow but he holds the ball up well. Just not good enough as a lone striker for a team hoping to get promoted and cannot be guaranteed to score but given game time he'll do ok, scoring a few and assisting others to score.

I am pleased for him, always had a good attitude.
Well said, good attitude and as you say holds the ball up well. Hopefully will do well and get playing games again.

Sent from my G7-L01 using Tapatalk

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
It isn't fair on Massive Wednesday though, everyone they play raises their game against them because its their cup-final.

"Because they try to play football like we do.. other "little teams" up their performances like it's their cup final and we can't cope with it."
"Unlucky Wednesday depleted team, Burton made it their cup final."
"We're still losing to sh!!te sides then"

They should be given a goal head start in every game to balance this out.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Great effort by O'Grady last night although I won't be passing judgement on Wednesday and Forestieri until this window shuts, as it's conceivable we could still get messed around by players and agents.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here