Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Liverpool reject Palace's offer for Benteke because....

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
You can't blame Liverpool for their caution, I'd want the cash up front too. Palace do have a bit of history about not paying their dues.

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
My understanding is that Liverpool were ok with the clauses until they saw that £2 mill was dependant on Brighton reaching the PL. :)

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
I'm sure the BBC said they rejected Palace's first offer of £25m so they came back with a second one of £23m.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
My understanding is that Liverpool were ok with the clauses until they saw that £2 mill was dependant on Brighton reaching the PL. :)

Poor spelling.
Utterly illogical in scope.

I mean, I know they breed them dumb up there but c'mon, at least try to be funny.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Hahahaahhahhahhahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhaahahhahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahhahhaahhahahahhaha

:ffsparr:

edna krabappel

Jul 7, 2003

I think, even if you'd just replied with a good old fashioned "Your Mum", it would have been 100% better than that.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
You can't blame Liverpool for their caution, I'd want the cash up front too. Palace do have a bit of history about not paying their dues.

You could just imagine Palace qualifying for the CL (yes a wild imagination) and them finding some loophole in the small print and not paying up. Maybe Pulis had a quiet word..

edna krabappel

Jul 7, 2003
I wonder if it'll eventually come off?

Benteke must be wondering where it all went wrong, if the best (only?) offer he's got is from Palace.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Inevitably, this was not considered realistic on Merseyside and Liverpool want much more upfront for the Belgian to proceed with negotiations.
No shit Sherlock. Did they think they could just sneak this clause through without anyone noticing?

Stat Brother

Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I wonder if it'll eventually come off?

Benteke must be wondering where it all went wrong, if the best (only?) offer he's got is from Palace.
Sadly I guess it will.

Although the thought of the palace fans welcoming the Yanks and their massive investment only for it to be foundations made of sand, would be too fantastic for words.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne

Not even close, this is our pixxtake of you.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here