Brighton v Rotherham

Sky Bet Championship

Venue: The American Express Community Stadium
Date: Tuesday 16th August 2016
Kick-off: 19:45 BST
Referee: Simon Hooper
Assistants: Adam Crysell, Robert Hyde
Fourth official: Oliver Langford

Brighton keeper Niki Maenpaa could make his league debut after David Stockdale (shin) was forced off in Friday's 3-0 win over Nottingham Forest.

Defenders Connor Goldson and Uwe Hunemeier are still not ready to return to first-team action, with Bruno expected to continue at centre-back.

Rotherham's on-loan midfielder Jake Forster-Caskey is ineligible to face his parent club.

Striker Izzy Brown could make his debut after joining on loan from Chelsea.

Analysis

BBC Sussex's Johnny Cantor: "Brighton will be looking to maintain their excellent home form in the Championship. Friday's 3-0 victory over Nottingham Forest was their 12th league game unbeaten at the Amex, including last season's play-off semi-final against Sheffield Wednesday.

"The Seagulls have coped well with the injuries to centre-backs Connor Goldson and Uwe Hunemeier and are yet to concede in their opening three games of the season.

"Chris Hughton will, however, be wary of their opponents, having admitted his side weren't good enough after their 2-0 defeat by Rotherham last season.

"If they avoid complacency, retain their defensive strength and continue to threaten with the effervescent Anthony Knockaert, they should prove too strong for Alan Stubbs' side."

MATCH FACTS

• [*=left]Brighton are unbeaten in their last seven home games against the Millers (four wins and three draws).
    [*=left]Neil Richardson and Lee Glover were on the scoresheet the last time Rotherham won away at Brighton in November 1997.
    [*=left]Glenn Murray has scored four goals in his last four Championship appearances; two for Brighton last time out against Nottingham Forest and two during a loan spell at Reading in December 2014.
    [*=left]The Millers are without a win in their last seven league games, drawing four and losing three.

Stat Brother

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Enough of this flimflam.

I'm just about to get ready for my first game of the season.

Do I wear last season's lucky t-shirt or the season before's not so lucky t-shirt?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I'm just about to get ready for my first game of the season.

Ditto and Mrs Hut for company most home games going forward, hopefully no swear box

Boy Blue

Banned
Mar 14, 2016
Just leaving. Will be nice to see Nike Mäenpää play and catch the round ball from corners and free kicks.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
BHAFC ‏@OfficialBHAFC 6s6 seconds ago

#BHAFC team v #RUFC: Maenpaa; Rosenior, Bruno, Dunk, Bong; Knockaert, Norwood, Stephens, Murphy; Hemed, Murray.

Looks OK to me :thumbsup: edit: Apart maybe from Kayal being on the bench.

BHAFC ‏@OfficialBHAFC 42s42 seconds ago

#BHAFC subs v #RUFC: Ankergren (GK), White, Kayal, Sidwell, LuaLua, Skalak, Baldock.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
No Kayal?

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Maenpaa
Rosenior-Bruno-Dunk-Bong
Knockaert-Stephens-Norwood-Murphy
Hemed-Murray
Interesting selection.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
If one day Arsenal played Rotherham, what would their scoreboard read?

aa6c45a5441f5bcc7962f4881b8a5ff2.jpg

golddene

Jul 28, 2012
Great to see you back DH. Looking forward to a convincing home win now following the perfect OMT. What can go wrong?

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
Big game for Norwood today, good test for him.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Kayal rested I suspect......can always come on if Stephens or Norwood underperform.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here