Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Royal Air Force/Baader-Meinhof - would YOU know the difference ?

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
henry-allingham_britain_.jpg
Royal_Airforce_Badge.png

Insulting cretins.
Hope this fixes it :)

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
These chumps clearly didn't (although I suspect it's really a publicity exercise) :

Insulting cretins.

i suspect it's neither a publicity stunt or a deliberate insult but a by-product of what happens when companies try to do things on the cheap. We see it frequently on The Argus which makes howler after howler because it got rid of its local subs. And there are plenty of examples where interns have done something stupid because they don't have the experience or the knowledge to do a good job.

I'm sure we'll see a lot more examples of such stupidity in the future - that's the way that jobs are going

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
i suspect it's neither a publicity stunt or a deliberate insult but a by-product of what happens when companies try to do things on the cheap. We see it frequently on The Argus which makes howler after howler because it got rid of its local subs. And there are plenty of examples where interns have done something stupid because they don't have the experience or the knowledge to do a good job.

I'm sure we'll see a lot more examples of such stupidity in the future - that's the way that jobs are going

Sorry, I don't agree in this case (although generally you have a point).
Do a google image search for "RAF" and you get mostly roundels & the words "Royal Air Force" . There's a couple of Red Army Faction logos but it's pretty obvious which one is correct. Search for Henry Allingham and there's plenty of pictures with the roundel on them.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Sorry, I don't agree in this case (although generally you have a point).
Do a google image search for "RAF" and you get mostly roundels & the words "Royal Air Force" . There's a couple of Red Army Faction logos but it's pretty obvious which one is correct. Search for Henry Allingham and there's plenty of pictures with the roundel on them.

That assumes that someone would do a search for RAF AND Henry Allingham but I wouldn't bet on it. We don't know the circumstances but in many cases mistakes are made because things are being done at the last minute. I worked on a newspaper where we printed the wrong picture of someone; two people had identical names and we picked the wrong one. These things are all too easily done.

It's obvious to you which one is correct but that's because you're British. I'm not sure a Romanian would know instinctively know it - would you know the logo of the Romanian airforce?

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
It's obvious to you which one is correct but that's because you're British. I'm not sure a Romanian would know instinctively know it - would you know the logo of the Romanian airforce?

Wouldn't the edit & final video be reviewed multiple times by the creators/publishers before being released?

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip

Agreed, but there is still no excuse for ignorance, especially when it comes to WW2 heroes.
Henry Allingham does not really come acoss as the architypal terrorist from his image, more of a resident of Eastbourne or Bexhill.
If history is taught properly in schools (i.e. WW1& WW2 ) then I am sure this problem would never really happen.
When it comes to the RAF, there is enough recruitment adverts on the radio and tv.
If in doubt GOOGLE it :)

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Wouldn't the edit & final video be reviewed multiple times by the creators/publishers before being released?

One would like to think so but who knows?

I have no idea what happened but, generally speaking, when it's a choice between cock-up or conspiracy I'll always come down on the side of cock-up ... because it usually is

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here