Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Blackpool v Brighton.......the resorts

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Not really alike though, are they? "So alike in so many ways", er, they're both next to the sea (not the same sea, mind).

Last edited:

ofco8

May 18, 2007
Brighton
In fairness Brighton's location (close to London, Gatwick and Channel Tunnel)) its two Universities and weather give it a massive advantage over Blackpool economically.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
That article makes the people of Brighton look a right bunch off bellends. Happiness workshops? Crying in the street? People having nervous break downs? I really, really hope that's just the journalist making shit up to try and differentiate the two towns.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
"There is not enough to do if you live there.... too much drink and drugs"

She states there's not enough things to do, then specifies two perfectly good pastimes. What an odd comment.

The Fifth Column

Retired ex-cop
Nov 30, 2010
Escaped from Corruption
Its a shit article and I'd wager the bellend who wrote it hasn't been to Blackpool or Brighton. I've been to Blackpool a couple of times and its actually quite a laugh as long as you are prepared to take it as it is and not expect too much in terms of culture, you can eat and drink there cheaply and its a stone's throw from some beautiful countryside. As someone else has pointed out, I fail to see the comparison between the 2 towns other than they are by the sea and begin with B, its lazy stereotypical journalism.

Brighton for all its good points can be a godawful place as bad as any at times with its increasing population of DFL's infecting us with their poncey oh so right-on ways and the associated shops and businesses that cater for the beardy hipster set and their tattooed moody ironic girlfriends. On the flip side you have the grim disaster of a Friday or Saturday night in the town centre and the stumbling drunken stags and hens interspersed with the hundreds of homeless smack heads and alcoholics scuttling about the dark corners and the feral gangs of Croydon drug dealers staking out their territory on the Lower esplanade and Kings Road. Brighton can be as shitty a shithole as anywhere but in between the extremes of wankiness is a place I love and I wouldn't live anywhere else.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
The sea air is, at times, thick with smug

:bowdown:

crabface

Mar 24, 2012
Well that was a few minutes of my life that im never going to get back. What a pointless article.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
I was at a business event in Brighton where they were taking interviews for this piece, at the time I thought what a lazy comparison and the article proves it.

mona

The Glory Game
Jul 9, 2003
High up on the South Downs.
Like so much journalism, superficial and simplistic. The BBC is a shadow of its former self. Gave the writer a chance to have a weekend jolly with his DFL hipster cronies in Brighton.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
not sure what anyone is getting at it was about the difference, not the similarity, between two Victorian beach towns. nothing wrong with it other than attempt at Brexit angle that has nothing to do with the fortunes of the towns.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
not sure what anyone is getting at it was about the difference, not the similarity, between two Victorian beach towns. nothing wrong with it other than attempt at Brexit angle that has nothing to do with the fortunes of the towns.

Brighton was/is a Georgian seaside town, not Victorian.

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
Usual stereotypical bollocks. Brighton is the seafront and a load of middle class plastic cockney hipster melts wandering around the Lanes before disappearing up their own arses with congratulating themselves on how clever they think they are. While Blackpool is full of gritty northern types full of stiff upper lip, while tending to whippets. I voted remain but I promise you if I see someone crying over the referendum and apologising to foreigners for the result someone is getting a slap...

My Brighton is the people of the estates back from the seafront, the working and the affluent areas, full of characters and quick witted people, resourceful and capable who have the own identity, not one forced on them by the media luvvies who've never done a real days work in their lives...

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
That article makes the people of Brighton look a right bunch off bellends. Happiness workshops? Crying in the street? People having nervous break downs? I really, really hope that's just the journalist making shit up to try and differentiate the two towns.

Absolutely did not see any of this bullshit. But then I was in the pub with most of my office angrily drinking the result away.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here