Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Paint Pot trophy this season

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Just had a look at the club website for this fixture and I can't see it up there. I could have sworn that I read that we'd drawn Orient at home and was looking forward to seeing Dean Cox play at the Amex. Is it still happening with the Premier League and Championship teams and if so, what's the format and rules on squad players? Do we have to field U-21s or something?

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
The U23s are playing - not the first team - and fixtures are listed for Under 23s on website

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
Just had a look at the club website for this fixture and I can't see it up there. I could have sworn that I read that we'd drawn Orient at home and was looking forward to seeing Dean Cox play at the Amex. Is it still happening with the Premier League and Championship teams and if so, what's the format and rules on squad players? Do we have to field U-21s or something?

I'd presume it would be the same player restrictions as for standard under-23 fixtures, i.e. we're allowed to field an overage keeper and a small number of overage outfield players (can't remember the exact figure).

As for the format, there's a group stage initially.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I really want to win and then draw that little club along the coast, Portsmouth, and beat them.

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014
I really want to win and then draw that little club along the coast, Portsmouth, and beat them.

Unlikely that our kids would beat the Portsmouth first team, tbh, and then the BEST fans in the WORLD would get all excited, deluding themselves that they'd got one over 'the Albion'.

#twats

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here