Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

That outdoor bar at the Amex

Marty___Mcfly

I see your wicked plan - I’m a junglist.
Sep 14, 2011
Does anyone know when it opens and how silly the queues are?

Back when the trains worked a bit better you would find me stood outside the Evening Star pre match- now I'm thinking trying to get up there early, on a train if I'm lucky, might be a good idea...

el punal

Another question. I heard a rumour you can buy a pint in Dicks and take it outside. True?

Yes! Got to the Amex very early on Friday with numerous family members and headed for Dick's. Unfortunately my grandson, who is eight, was not allowed in, but the steward kindly suggested that we could take our drinks outside. Result! A glorious summer's evening quaffing in the sunshine of our love (thanks Cream)!

N.B. Perhaps the club might consider putting a few more benches on the outside concourse, and some portaloos?

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jun 27, 2012

Back when the trains worked a bit better you would find me stood outside the Evening Star pre match- now I'm thinking trying to get up there early, on a train if I'm lucky, might be a good idea...

I arrived on Friday at about 6.30ish. Queued for 10 minutes to get a couple of pints of Harvey's at the outside bar - "The Hop Bar". Queue looked quite daunting but went down quickly.
Reminder the "Bar" only sells 2 things. A pint of Harvey's and a half of Harvey's.
I think the club are looking into outside toilets...

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
A much better bet than the 45 minute queue in the WSU sweltering sauna bar.

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
Need at least another and maybe 2 of these types of bars. Few outside toilets and they would make a killing on beer. I took along my cousin on Friday, he's from Zürich (no not a Hyypia fan either). We had a pint, he couldn't believe we only had 1 of these beer stands, saying that there's about 5 or 6 for only 7k fans in Zürich.

Caveman

Jul 14, 2003
Need at least another and maybe 2 of these types of bars. Few outside toilets and they would make a killing on beer. I took along my cousin on Friday, he's from Zürich (no not a Hyypia fan either). We had a pint, he couldn't believe we only had 1 of these beer stands, saying that there's about 5 or 6 for only 7k fans in Zürich.

Yep totally agree, we ended up swerving a pint out side because of the queue, something the club shoul look at especially as there are bands etc playing, maybe one for [MENTION=561]Insider[/MENTION]

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
I arrived on Friday at about 6.30ish. Queued for 10 minutes to get a couple of pints of Harvey's at the outside bar - "The Hop Bar". Queue looked quite daunting but went down quickly.
Reminder the "Bar" only sells 2 things. A pint of Harvey's and a half of Harvey's.
I think the club are looking into outside toilets...

Are you allowed to DRINK alcohol when you're WORKING ?

NogansRun

Aug 8, 2016

Arrived at 6pm on Fri, there were 3 people in the queue outside so got served straight away. One person serving, the other pouring the pints. 20 mins later when I'd finished the pint there were at least 60 people in the queue so couldn't be bothered and went inside - pretty simple really, one person cannot pour enough pints that quickly. Advice would be to buy 2 pints at each visit. On a separate note, if you like your beer, the Harvey's inside was much better than outside, as they were keeping it too warm outside on Friday.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003

So many ridiculously simple solutions available to increase turnover outside (and in some cases inside) the stadium...

backpack-drinkdispenser-.jpg

rucksack.jpg

Icicle_Tricycles_Heineken_Beer_Bike_Beer_Marketing_and_Advertising_Bikes-632x474.jpg

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Yes! Got to the Amex very early on Friday with numerous family members and headed for Dick's. Unfortunately my grandson, who is eight, was not allowed in, but the steward kindly suggested that we could take our drinks outside. Result! A glorious summer's evening quaffing in the sunshine of our love (thanks Cream)!

N.B. Perhaps the club might consider putting a few more benches on the outside concourse, and some portaloos?

Benches and portaloos are an excellent idea actually. Apart from Dick's, before the concourses open, there is absolutely nowhere to spend a penny, and sometimes l'm desperate!

See-Goals

DIIIIIIIIIIIIIVE
Aug 13, 2004
Seaford
So many ridiculously simple solutions available to increase turnover outside (and in some cases inside) the stadium...

backpack-drinkdispenser-.jpg

rucksack.jpg

Icicle_Tricycles_Heineken_Beer_Bike_Beer_Marketing_and_Advertising_Bikes-632x474.jpg

They had the mobile beer people during the first season at the Amex in WSL.

No mobile Harvey's bars in WSL on Friday night, big queues everywhere. They've taken down the 'cash only' signs above the kiosk tills, I ordered 2 pints and 2 pies from a till with a massive 'Contactless payments accepted here' sticker on the front only to be told it was a cash only till!

Resulted to bringing own beers and enjoying the last of the sun on the east stand grass slope. Happy to put £ in the clubs coffers but simply not being able to do so by poor service and a lack of bars to buy from.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I do believe there should be some benches on the concourse if only to help out the older supporters to be able to stop for a breather. I would suggest near the slope going up to the away end behind the kiosks plus a row of porta loos. There is one seat opposite West Lower entrance but it is too far from the station to serve any purpose other than to wait for friends.

oneillco

Feb 13, 2013
Friday I joined the back of the queue at 6.50 and got my beer at 7.15 as they were closing.

VERY slow considering all they sell is Harveys by the pint or half - nothing pre poured

My experience on Friday was that the kids in the Harvey's truck were working their socks-off and did a great job serving a lot of people very quickly. A 20 meter queue took about 10 mins and got my pint at 7. One kid was full time pouring pints in advance, and I made a point of thanking them for doing a good job.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
People are saying about the club making or losing money with the beer sales, does anybody know is Sodexos franchise fees based on a set amount or % of profit or turnover.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here