Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] Sussex about to win

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I've seen no thread about this - have people given up on Sussex after their dismal season?

We do however need just one more Gloucestershire wicket to wrap up the game - and they're still 42 runs short of making Sussex batting again.

It's been a good performance all round and provides some hope for the rest of the season

Aug 11, 2003
The Open Market

Aug 11, 2003
The Open Market
Letrs hope he can learn to build an innings like his uncle did. England have an opening bat vacancy urgently.

The Great Wall of China was built quicker than a Chris Tavare innings.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Chris Tavare was one of my favourite cricketers: didn't he bat nearly 6 hours and not even reach 40, let alone a half-century? He was a batsman after my own heart.

He didn't have a bad test average but I can't believe many people have batted slower.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Their tail is wagging quite effectively

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Back tomorrow then

I was set to go after lunch but that plan's been scuppered

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Chris Tavare was one of my favourite cricketers: didn't he bat nearly 6 hours and not even reach 40, let alone a half-century? He was a batsman after my own heart.

He didn't have a bad test average but I can't believe many people have batted slower.

I was fortunate to see him get 83no against NZ on the hill in Sydney in 1983. He was rampant, for him, got them in 145 balls and even hit a 6. Lamb hit a century too. One of those enjoyable moments of watching a snail having a thrash about.

http://www.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/match/65344.html

phoenix

May 18, 2009
Weather says Rain all day tomorrow!

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
One of the rare good days for Sussex this season, although we are actually still unbeaten in Div 2. I was pleasantly surprised to see such a decent size crowd at the game given the season we've had. It just goes to show that if we could get some momentum on the pitch then we'd be a buoyant and well supported side. After all, there are few better places to be on a sunny August day than at the county ground (watching us win).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here